Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit embarrassed about posting this on my first day - but I am here for the long haul.

I've recently bought a 2001 929 'Erion Racing' edition. They're quite rare in UK and that presents a parts problem.

I want to obtain an original 'Erion Racing' end can. I am aware this could be a long shot, but I want to 'restore' this bike to its original spec. I also understand that if one is available I could be paying big money. (I'm doing the eBay trawling, etc) :frown

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I’d put the OEM can back on, Scorpions are a bit cheap and cheerful
No!! That will conflict with my personality!:smile

This will be an exercise in patience and continued eBay trawling. I've emailed Erion and Two Brothers and neither can help. Reckon I'd have more luck getting an exhaust for a '52 Vincent:crying.

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would think the only place you’ll get one is either a forum member or eBay USA.
Yep, agree. I've also contacted a couple of decal manufacturers to see if they can replicate the labels on foil.

In the meantime, I got a surprise package in the post today. The seller sent me this:

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still no success on the Erion can:frown

In the interim, I've had a decal guy strike up some foil decals I can try. Once established the exact size to scale I'll source some light alloy or stainless steel and have them made. My only concern will be riveting into a carbon can.
Pics show original screen grab of Erion can and the decal proof on green background.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure there's enough Erion's around to make it viable. I know we're supposed to share the love and all, and I'd help a forum member, but general profiteering wasn't in my plans.

On the other side, not sure if I might be breaching Erion's copyright on reproducing this, so as long as I'm using it solely on my own machine I should be fine.:wink

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· President: Team Full Chat
8,389 Posts

· Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was poking fun at the size of the Erion name plate/decal :angel
Ah, sorry. I thought you were too straight for that sort of stuff!:smile

Yes, well, the decal is oversize. It's the Serena Williams of 929 exhausts: big, bold, and beautiful. :devil

Easy enough task though to get it proportionately reduced. In the meantime I continue my quest to find an original unit.

We had a 954 come up on eBay recently with an Erion can. I actually tried to buy the bike just to get the can, but got beaten to the punch during negotiations.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Still no success on the Erion can:frown

In the interim, I've had a decal guy strike up some foil decals I can try. Once established the exact size to scale I'll source some light alloy or stainless steel and have them made. My only concern will be riveting into a carbon can.
Pics show original screen grab of Erion can and the decal proof on green background.
Does your friend make a metal exhaust badge that rivits Thanks
mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts