Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI need a 95 or 96 fireblade engine please low to average mileage but good condition and must have engine numbers

thanks.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
HI need a 95 or 96 fireblade engine please low to average mileage but good condition and must have engine numbers

thanks.

'95 and '96 are two different engines.
Are you chasing the 893cc SC28 or the 919cc SC33 engine?

Reactions: Lambchops

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply.

I currently have a 95 in a kit car and now need a replacement but I need a fireblade engine that has the same manifold fitting and same wiring / ecu as the 95 and same carbs. From what I have read the 96 is the same as 95 apart from inside it's lighter and bigger cc and 5 more bhp.

So ideally I'd like a 96 as a replacement and I can hook it up to my 95 carbs and ecu and my custom manifold

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply.

I currently have a 95 in a kit car and now need a replacement but I need a fireblade engine that has the same manifold fitting and same wiring / ecu as the 95 and same carbs. From what I have read the 96 is the same as 95 apart from inside it's lighter and bigger cc and 5 more bhp.

So ideally I'd like a 96 as a replacement and I can hook it up to my 95 carbs and ecu and my custom manifold

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Okay.
'92-'95 are the SC28 as you have currently.
'96-'99 are the SC33 919cc engine.
I would expect any of them would be just fine as the engine design is the same. The '02-'07 CB919F is also the same engine design if you can't find a Blade lump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts