Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a friend that builds custom bikes and says he can make me a hass, but my bike is my daily and he will get to making it for me when he can.

prefer a free one or very very cheap one.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
All you need to do is undo the four HTEV bolts (they're ti as well) so you can drop the gasket out.
Trace the gasket and put it back in.
Then just measure the length of the HTEV.
Then it's a simple matter of cutting the endplates out of some sheet and four lengths of pipe to fit between the endplates. Weld it all together.
I have two spare HTEV's here I can measure up for you if you get stuck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand how easy it is to remove and trace, but my plan is to hand him a htec and let him take however long he needs to make me a "hass".

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
You don't see many valves for sale on their own and sometime you see them with a stock exhaust system. The point that Bladeracer was trying to make is that any good fabricator can go with just the measurements and since you are providing the gasket template, they know the diameter to make the pipes and how long the entire unit has to be.

I see where you are coming from, but you will have to wait until someone has one for sale (which could be sometime) and then spend money buying something that you won't use. Sure you could resell it down the road. I would ask to see if he would just take the gasket template and the length measurements.

If you still want to get a valve, try searching the for sale ads for the valve and systems that have it as well.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
They'd probably be worth more than that as scrap titanium?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts