Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone has a parts bike they would be willing to part all their locks out to me.

Some jackass tried to steal my 2000 929 and broke my ignition switch all to hell and I'm trying to replace everything as economically as possible, dealership wants to charge me 900 for new locks. :rolleyes:

If no one has the parts I'm looking for information is also greatly appreciated, where I could find these items cheaper than the dealer is quoting. Any resource for cheap stock parts or perhaps even aftermarket alternatives if they exist.

Thanks for your time.

Blake.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Check with ebay for an ignition with key. Sometimes you can find them with trunk lock and gas cap.
if you happen to purchase the ignition and key only, you can have your existiing cylinders keyed the same at a local locksmith

Good luck and sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I see a listing currently for ignition, gas cap and trunk lock with keys(2) for $99 BIN. Easy fix

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Just checking to see if anyone has a parts bike they would be willing to part all their locks out to me.

Some jackass tried to steal my 2000 929 and broke my ignition switch all to hell and I'm trying to replace everything as economically as possible, dealership wants to charge me 900 for new locks. :rolleyes:

If no one has the parts I'm looking for information is also greatly appreciated, where I could find these items cheaper than the dealer is quoting. Any resource for cheap stock parts or perhaps even aftermarket alternatives if they exist.

Thanks for your time.

Blake.
You just need the ignition switch which you can then have cut to fit your original keys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts