Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the desert in S. Cali. I rode into work this morning and it was 25 degrees. A bit more colder then I like. :( But I still suited up and rode my bike to work. Well everything was good except my hands. My fingers were frozen. I am looking for a good set of gloves that won't be bulky. If you have any suggestions (on good gloves), What will work or not.:hmm:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
A* Drystar gloves. Rode to work the other morning (12mi @ 32F, 0C). Hands didn't even get cool. I have to reach into my pocket to grab my ID to get on post and could still easily do so without having to take the gloves off.

70g thinsulate layer, leather outer. Only time they may not work is if it's cold and wet. No gortex lining.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Try something like these Held two finger gloves.

http://www.held-biker-fashion.de/index.php?id=2272&lg=e&lg=e

I've got a similar pair of Held, but mine are all leather, not Cordura. Warmer than conventional 5 finger gloves and give surprisingly good feel and control. When really cold I've been known towear another pair of this cotton or silk gloves under them. Helps a bit.

Oh, and get some heated grips :thumb:

·
Registered
847 Posts
If you want to go electric, I use Gerbing's heated gloves. They aren't too bulky and warm up very well. I use them with their heated jacket liner. They plug into the sleeves.

I have ridden 4-5 hours in the temps you mentioned (rode from Northern Cal out to the high desert east of Lake Isabella). It was below 25 for the last 3 hours of the ride. No problems staying warm with just electric liners and my leathers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts