Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like these gloves and bought like 3 pairs when they were on sale from new enough brand new gloves at a close out. 2 pairs of mine survived like 5 crashes.

HOWEVER---as they age, the kangaroo "leather" gets really sucky. In my Open SuperBike race two guys decided to crash into each other in front of me. Lap one, T3 few places to go. I was riding "dont run over the downed riders/crash avoidance" in T3 (at T-Hill)--its a negative camber corner, and in order to avoid prementioned riders on the ground, I had to hit the brakes harder than I would have liked, I lowsided.

I could feel the heat from my thumb, middle finger--the bglove didnt wear thru--but I have hella blisters--I wasnt so lucky on my pinky +1 finger--the glove wore right thru--and I have a pretty decent hole in my finger--they all hurt pretty good---so time to upgrade the gloves.

NO more Kangaroo skin, I always "wondered" about the thinner is better cuz its stronger--aint true, so much heat is generated--things just get burned thru the leather in lieu of the leather going away. Keep this in mind whenst buying single layer Kangaroo gear--I am sure multi layer is much better--a nd again it all depends on how you land--the gloves always worked great as long as I hit "double/triple layers"

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
no shit

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:clap: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Rooskin on the palm side would be hard for me to give up because there's so much more FEEL through the thinner leather. The HELDs have two (or more)layers on the heel of the palm and the thumb, but just a single layer on the fingers and knuckle area of the palm. Not sure what my point is :D , but maybe you should try a higher quality mfr? I crashed one pair of HELDs probably a half-dozen times (always <50mph) and they held (bah!) up great. The rivets in the palms tore the first layer off once, but no damage to my hands.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dB said:
Rooskin on the palm side would be hard for me to give up because there's so much more FEEL through the thinner leather. .
You mean like the extra sensitive condoms???--only problem is that my fingers "felt" the asphalt, got burnt thru the gloves---so that "feel" comes at a price--

BTW--Only the leathers were ratskin-- :rotfl: :rotfl: ---but I would be really cautious buying a "lightweight" Kangaroo skin leathers--I would hate to have square feet of my body burnt like the square inch on my fingers.

Truth be told, I have hurt myself alot worse working on the house--I was just surprised at the heat :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
dB said:
The HELDs have two (or more)layers on the heel of the palm and the thumb, but just a single layer on the fingers and knuckle area of the palm. Not sure what my point is :D , but maybe you should try a higher quality mfr? .
If it doesn't wear through...a single layer is still single layer and you'll feel the heat no matter what mfg it is, unless they use flame retardent rodents. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts