Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea. The decal says 929. The seller pointed out on the title when I was buying it that it says 900, but they do that for some reason, and it's really a 929. Haven never bought a bike before I bought it and his story. Ok, so 4 days later I noticed a sticker under the passenger seat in the glove box that also says it's a 900. So then I started reading the stamp on the side with year and serial number, and you guessed it, 900rr. Someone please tell me I wasn't duped.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take off the right mid fairing and look for the engine displacement cast in to the side of the motor. What year is the bike?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
that is the 929 friend....2000 was the first year for fuel injection on the 929 which is the same bike as the 2001 that you have:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you. Just curious why they wouldn't have the correct cc size on any of the stickers, stamps on the bike, or even on the title? Is it like an insurance thing? I remember back in the 60s they used to do this for the muscle cars for cheaper insurance costs, helping the buyer choose their car with the enticement of lower insurance payments. The Chevrolet SS had a 396, but it was really over the threshold of 400.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
because the MODEL is a CBR900RR. I imagine it was easier for Honda to call the 929s and the 954s "900s", instead of... aww who'm I kidding :idunno:

all the CBRs that're 900ish, are 900s in Honda's eyes (ordering parts, accessories, decals, etc.)... all the way back from their start, to their final year (2003). then, they became true 1Ks.

nice lookin' Two-Niner though :shades:

·
Registered
3 Posts
In a lot of the official paperwork, the various years of the Fireblades are all named "CBR900RR" even as the displacement grew for the 919, 929, and 954.

You'll see this in some of the Honda parts catalogues, magazines, etc., especially overseas where they all tended to refer to them as "CBR900RR" over the years until the 1000RR arrived.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
because the MODEL is a CBR900RR. I imagine it was easier for Honda to call the 929s and the 954s "900s", instead of... aww who'm I kidding :idunno:

all the CBRs that're 900ish, are 900s in Honda's eyes (ordering parts, accessories, decals, etc.)... all the way back from their start, to their final year (2003). then, they became true 1Ks.

nice lookin' Two-Niner though :shades:
Yes

In a lot of the official paperwork, the various years of the Fireblades are all named "CBR900RR" even as the displacement grew for the 919, 929, and 954.

You'll see this in some of the Honda parts catalogues, magazines, etc., especially overseas where they all tended to refer to them as "CBR900RR" over the years until the 1000RR arrived.
And Yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts