Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Water joint pipe question - part 19063mw0000

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shep2 
#1 ·
Replacing the radiator and hoses on a 94 Blade, was going very well till I took the small oil cooler hose off - disaster !
The small pipe crumbled - tbh the corrosion was so bad I think it would have fallen apart if I hadn't touched the hose

Was very apprehensive about undoing these 2 bolts but managed to get the whole thing off using a blow torch etc
Fiddly with the headers still in place ^^

Looking on the various Honda parts sites it seems you can't buy this item any more - they stopped making them sadly

Question to you guys - is the CB900F item close enough to use ?
It looks identical in the diagrams and is still available to buy

See less See more
#2 ·
I took the gamble of just ordering the Hornet pipe which is still manufactured - then received a mail saying out of stock after paying ^^ classic web store stuff :)
After 2 weeks it showed up today with the O ring and new bolts - phew ! looks almost identical, with the mounting points and block facing area a good match - the only difference is a slight angle change to the main exit pipe
I'll take some comparison pics tomorrow - you never know - someone else may face the same problem

#5 ·
Sorry - only just saw this - it worked fine, I did install new silicone hoses / clips and a new rad at same time
Since rebuild, I've managed 500 miles on the bike without incident - though I'm reluctant to take it out until the weather gets warmer now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.