Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I can't say that I've ever seen a measureable difference on a temperature gauge.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
most people use it in order to run their bikes on the track as most tracks will not allow a vehicle with antifreeze to run.. i've heard good things about engine ice though too!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yep, but we're not allowed to run it because it's still very slippery when spilled.
The best reduction in temperature I've seen was when I wrapped my exhaust system. That dropped it 5-10 degrees C.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went with Engine ice. I have noticed about a 5-10 deg drop in running temps. I hope I will see the gains when the spring and summer months get here.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Nope. On the track.
Without a charging system or fan you tend not to idle for long periods :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ahhhh right right. Okay. Who knew wrapping could do so much...? Noted.
It also gives you a slight increase in hp on dyno (in most cases). As for the water wetter, I tried some when I got my 997 together. It didn't last long enough to see if it helped with cooling:rolleyes: The engine I'm putting together now has 8.5:1 compression, so cooling shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just switched to water wetter, I see about a 10 degree difference while moving(still cool weather) No difference at idle, and Im guessing the difference once it gets hot out will be less.

Some trackday orgs dont allow engine ice, as its just as slick as antifreeze.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
zero psi on the head gasket or any of the cooling system is a plus but what sold me was boiling point of the NPGr is 400deg. no boiling means no vapor. water based coolant never touches the hottest points of the motor. neucleate boiling i think its called. mostly in the head. best analogy is dropping water in a hot pan, it just dances around never actually touches the pan. evans keeps in constant contact keeping the combustion chamber cooler. for custom race applications you can use this to lean out your fuel curve previously limited by excessive heat from running lean. that translates to higher efficiency all around with a stock or lightly modded motor.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
zero psi on the head gasket or any of the cooling system is a plus but what sold me was boiling point of the NPGr is 400deg. no boiling means no vapor. water based coolant never touches the hottest points of the motor. mostly in the head. best analogy is dropping water in a hot pan, it just dances around never actually touches the pan. evans keeps in constant contact keeping the combustion chamber cooler. for custom race applications you can use this to lean out your fuel curve previously limited by excessive heat from running lean. that translates to higher efficiency all around with a stock or lightly modded motor.
In an engine that's designed to run at a specific temperature with a pressurised cooling system I can't see this being any advantage.
You do get air pockets in the cooling system around the combistion chambers but it's false to say the coolant never touches the metal.
Certainly, if you build an engine from scratch to work with this I can see it working very well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't speak for any of the others but Engine Ice fixed an overheat problem on a bike I had. The bike would get hot enough to vapor lock the carbs and the ice fixed it. It took a long time for the bike to heat up, and it cooled down quicker than before. I put it in my 954 when I bought it last summer and never had an issue. It got pretty hot here last year too. But as said not track legal. I may try WW and water for a trackday this summer though.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I started using water wetter when I started racing and switched to engine ice.I have put it in every bike I have owned since then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts