Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about some wave rotors. Does anyone have experience with them and found any noticeable difference in braking performance? They do look fancy, but the manufacturer is claiming much better braking, anyone know?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am thinking about some wave rotors. Does anyone have experience with them and found any noticeable difference in braking performance? They do look fancy, but the manufacturer is claiming much better braking, anyone know?
I have Braking rotors on my 954 and they definitely have more bite than the standard ones.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
737 Posts
I also have Braking 330mm wave rotors on my 900RR (with 954 forks/front end). I'm still bedding the pads in but what I can say is that they feel great. A lot of bite, and they are not supposed to warp either.

I have the Carbone Lorraine SBK 5 pads.

Cheers,
Sime

PS. There is no technical difference b/w the Galfer and Braking brands except that the Braking are cheaper. Galfer claim that they developed the technology, but the head of Braking said otherwise. They said that they license the patent to Galfer. That might explain why Galfer's prices are more expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the galfers on my 1000rr. They seem to be fine so far. The braking seems to be improved, but I haven`t tried them on the track yet so I`m not sure how well they`ll hold up under stress.
The part number in the catalog I ordered them through was wrong (tucker rocky I believe it was ) and I ended up with the rotors for the 06. But that`s cool, I just had to order the spacers for the 06 and now I have 10mm oversized rotors on my 05.
I`ll abuse them at either Grattan, Gingerman, or Autobahn this summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts