Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

President: Team Full Chat
Please note that I removed your private information from your post.

I am sorry you did not receive an answer previously. Every now and then something will fall through the cracks.

What can I do to help you now? If you are trying to cancel your yearly membership from previously, you would need to do that within Paypal.

- Cricket
Not specifically speaking for Nigel, but I believe prior to the new platform he wanted to become a lifetime member and couldn't find the right toggle to make the switch from premium to make it happen so, he reached out and asked. He was never given an answer, and now it seems it's too late.

That being said, if Nigel would like to become a lifetime member, can you make it happen? No one helped him when it was still available. I would push for a yes here. He is a newer, yet, already well received and respected member. 馃檹

Premium Member
I am sorry you did not receive an answer previously. Every now and then something will fall through the cracks.
With great respect, what sort of a cliched, throw away line, response is that?

We are talking three ignored emails. Setting aside the original delay from my initial request of 14 November to its reply of 10 December (just shy of 4 weeks) I responded as invited: 'If you are still experiencing an issue please respond to this message.' I was ignored and twice again ignored. That is far from 'falling through cracks' but more akin to falling into an infinitive abyss!

My take on that is that there was no demonstrated interest in corresponding with a member who represented no financial benefit to Motorcycle dot com. This is endorsed by the ease to enter a facility to pay money, yet no facility within a web page afforded the opportunity to change or cancel membership.

As exists now, and I applaud @IanDoohan for his suggestion, I would not be comfortable to publicly receive a 'Lifetime' membership when there might well be others (and I note one 'non-response' - another 'falling through the cracks, maybe) who have similarly suffered an absence of communication. Nor would I be prepared to pay an annual fee on the back of this experience. With kind regards.

With great respect, what sort of a cliched, throw away line, response is that?

We are talking three ignored emails. Setting aside the original delay from my initial request of 14 November to its reply of 10 December (just shy of 4 weeks) I responded as invited: 'If you are still experiencing an issue please respond to this message.' I was ignored and twice again ignored. That is far from 'falling through cracks' but more akin to falling into an infinitive abyss!

My take on that is that there was no demonstrated interest in corresponding with a member who represented no financial benefit to Motorcycle dot com. This is endorsed by the ease to enter a facility to pay money, yet no facility within a web page afforded the opportunity to change or cancel membership.

As exists now, and I applaud @IanDoohan for his suggestion, I would not be comfortable to publicly receive a 'Lifetime' membership when there might well be others (and I note one 'non-response' - another 'falling through the cracks, maybe) who have similarly suffered an absence of communication. Nor would I be prepared to pay an annual fee on the back of this experience. With kind regards.
Nigel, I can completely sympathize with your feelings on how your situation was handled, and as an internet friend and fellow enthusiast I would like again to suggest that you let the admin of this "new platform" take your situation into consideration for debate. There was clearly a disconnect by the previous admin to your request, and with such, you lost out on a required and deserved equal shot at being a lifetime member as anyone else would have at that time. Their lack of response and clear disregard for you should not be your penalty, and being the most active member on this address for the last 7 years, I have seen the have's and have not's. You sir, have it. If the site had listened to me 3 years ago I would at least be a moderator and one that would be responding to such inquiries. I would have called the necessary people to make you a lifetime member. Alas, I was basically told by a previous mod that it's not the job for everyone. I thought I would have been a great mod but, was seemingly talked out of it for reasons I can't explain. I have taken a look around and saw that the moderator pool was almost dry, save for Macca. But even Macca had been very quiet the last 24 months or so, and Bladeracer is still listed, although I thought I saw an article about how Larry (Bladeracer) removed himself from human contact and disconnected the electricity from his barn. Even so, I pushed forward. We make the site, not the ones in the room with all the equipment. We need more members like you, like us, and Duncan, and Bill, and George, and Kevin, and others that have dabbled in premium membership. That's what drives the site, and the ads that they have. There is no way they're making this work with premium memberships. And now? adding to the cost per year and giving ZERO notice that lifetime memberships have been removed as an option? You can bet that even people who have never heard of FB.org aren't going to bother with becoming a premium member when all it does is remove ads. Nigel, please reconsider your position, and await what the new regime is capable of. Respectfully,

Premium Member
Cheers to you Ian, for your lengthy, candid, and personalised response to this.
Nigel, . . . I would like again to suggest that you let the admin of this "new platform" take your situation into consideration for debate. There was clearly a disconnect by the previous admin to your request
Regarding this, I had not taken into account the possibility of there being a 'new' admin. I was/is my understanding that the site 'owners' still operate as Motorcycle dot com, although I now note that 'Vertiscope' is linked as contact.

Of course that does not excuse the conduct of Motorcycle dot com, but it does cause me to apologise to 'Cricket' in so much as I 'shot the messenger' with my venom-laced but down-to-earth previous post.

We make the site, not the ones in the room with all the equipment. We need more members like you, like us, and Duncan, and Bill, and George, and Kevin, and others that have dabbled in premium membership. That's what drives the site, and the ads that they have. . .
Agreed, and I am sure admin recognises that and hopefully supports it. As you would have noted, I had already tried to buy a helmet from forum sponsor, but import from USA is not equitable to UK. My point is that enthusiasts will support this site, but there must also be reciprocality.

This forum has huge potential because of the breadth of knowledge we have between us across all FireBlades/Fireblades and other marques too. I will be interested to hear how the 'new regime' handles this, and would hope that a first point was to verify receipt of my aforementioned emails and establish what 'crack' had swallowed them up. Cheers to you, Ian.

I agree with you Nigel. I would imagine there will be some sort of disconnect between the yanks and the brits, but that is to be expected. I would think that because this site seems to be more tailored to the older blades and blades specifically that the vendors section will remain stagnant. I think you have been the most active in regards to trying the vendor section anyhow. Sorry that didn't work out for you. We'll see what the future holds.

It's my pleasure to help everyone I can here. Especially the ones who bring meaning and worth to the site. I find this extremely therapeutic, especially since I don't have any projects going on at the moment. I have to fill my "creative time" with something :ROFLMAO: Your very welcome sir.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #69
Thank you for alerting me. :)

When a member is a vendor/sponsor their profiles will be clearly marked.

This issue has been resolved.

- Cricket

Hi Cricket, I'm having trouble using the "multi-quote" toggle, the ("+ Quote) in between Reply and Like at the bottom of a post. It doesn't seem to do anything, or more likely that I'm missing a step. I read the FAQ on how to multi-quote, but it seems that tutorial just says to toggle "reply" on every thread I want to quote and it adds it to my reply (which it does). It would be an added benefit to us the multi-quote toggle........if I could only figure it out :ROFLMAO: .

Thanks

-Ian

Administrator
Discussion Starter #73
Hi Cricket, I'm having trouble using the "multi-quote" toggle, the ("+ Quote) in between Reply and Like at the bottom of a post. It doesn't seem to do anything, or more likely that I'm missing a step. I read the FAQ on how to multi-quote, but it seems that tutorial just says to toggle "reply" on every thread I want to quote and it adds it to my reply (which it does). It would be an added benefit to us the multi-quote toggle........if I could only figure it out :ROFLMAO: .

Thanks

-Ian
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.
This here my friend, is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you!

Proposal:
When I (and I assume everyone else) log in, the first information to appear is 鈥淥ur Top Forums鈥. It appears this is based on total number of posts. I can agree that it鈥檚 easiest to set that as the opening screen, but unless there is an influx of tens of thousands of posts in the coming days, I don鈥檛 see those thread titles ever changing. Is there a way to bring up the 鈥淧opular鈥 posts as displayed under 鈥淲hat鈥檚 new鈥? That saves a bunch of clicking and waiting, and the user can immediately see what鈥檚 trending on the site, not just what has the most posts.

@admin (Cricket)

Good Morning Cricket,

I just had a new "Conversation" with another member where I added 2 pics to the thread and they only showed up as numbers again. It seems now I can't post any pictures in my conversations. Can you bring that up at the next "board meeting" please ;). It's getting frustrating now....

Thanks, Ian

61 - 77 of 77 Posts