Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the dealer do a recall on the crank shaft on my cbr300r. They also had to replace the cylinder wall, piston, rings, and oil pump. Once I finally got my bike back after them having it for 3 weeks, it's weak in revs over 8000 rpm. Takes off great and haves plenty power up to 8k then it's weak from then on. Top speed use to be 102mph. Now I'm lucky to get over 85mph. Any idea what's going on???

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Hi Trip, can only say at present to take it back to them and try to get them to sort it out, as you say if it was working better before and they have made it worse its up to them to put it right, have they somehow governed the engine to bed it in, maybe ask them, and then come back to us.Bill:smile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it back to them and they didn't really give me any information except that they did nothing except replace parts. Then he recommended me to get a power commander and tune it or get the valves adjusted.
Idk what's going on with it but I ride it every day and have plenty of break in miles on the new parts. Top speed is still 85mph where it use to be 102. I have also noticed that I am now getting around 100-120 miles per tank (2 1/2 gal before low fuel light blinks), where I use to get easily over 200 on the same volume.
If it was driving good before why must I need to get a power commander now? Doesn't make any since. I still think they messed something up. A guy in another Thead suggested that they may have messed up on the timing.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
I took it back to them and they didn't really give me any information except that they did nothing except replace parts. Then he recommended me to get a power commander and tune it or get the valves adjusted.
Idk what's going on with it but I ride it every day and have plenty of break in miles on the new parts. Top speed is still 85mph where it use to be 102. I have also noticed that I am now getting around 100-120 miles per tank (2 1/2 gal before low fuel light blinks), where I use to get easily over 200 on the same volume.
If it was driving good before why must I need to get a power commander now? Doesn't make any since. I still think they messed something up. A guy in another Thead suggested that they may have messed up on the timing.
Hi Trip, if its been recalled for a crank change, i would have thought to have the bike running right, they would have had to have done the valves themselves, especially if they have changed all those parts, was it a reputable dealership you took it to, if so they sound a bit iffy.Bill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just taking a guess here. Could it be my O2 sensor gone bad? It's sorta fits the description. Poor mileage, bad performance, irregular idle(dies sometimes while idling). Maybe some scrap metal torn it up when that cylinder wall got eaten up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. I done a little test and unplugged the o2 sensor and took her for a drive and there was absolutely no change to the bike. I then took the sensor out and looked at the end and the ceramic on the inside looks slightly damaged so ima order a new one and try it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts