Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's the deal. The new website is going ok but I'm having a problem with the other pages. The home page (index.html) works fine but the flash sections of the other pages don't seem to want to work. Everything, as far as I know, is the same. Do I have my file paths messed up or something?
I'm attaching some screen shots of my server's file manager to show you want I'm looking at.

TIA. :)

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
looks to me like your paths are ok, but the index-*.html files that the buttons are point ing to, are not existent.

EDIT: also looks like the html portions of the homepage contain links that are not pointing at whatever pages you actually want to link to...just default links..err I think.

I'm not too skillfull @ swf stuff though, I'm just checking html's and thats what I see.
Crtl-F (with replace) is your friend :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what I don't understand is when I put everything together in Dreamweaver, the html files (index*) are all attached to the proper swf files and when I preview everything in IE, it all works. Now when I upload everything without changing file paths and then view my site, the swf's on the secondary pages don't work.

:huh:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
hmm...that definetely sounds like a path thing :huh:

I wish I had more diagnostical type tools on my laptop for this stuff, I know zilch about swf or dreamweaver, sorry dude. Hopefully with the VIEWS this thread is getting, someone will have something intelligent to add shortly.

EDIT: I don't see any INDEX-* files in your directories though, are you uploading them or are they working because they are on your machine?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're in the /public_html folder (middle attachment).

I'm thinking that may be the problem. I started off by putting the "index.html" file in there and that made the home page work fine so I just dumped the "index-1-7.html" files in the same spot.
Maybe they need to be seperated?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
On a chance is there a relative vs absolute path conflict? Although I am flash illiterate it sounds like upon moving the environment changes resulting in paths that do not work. This occurs in programming when you use absolute paths usually.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
nhfirefighter13 said:
They're in the /public_html folder (middle attachment).

I'm thinking that may be the problem. I started off by putting the "index.html" file in there and that made the home page work fine so I just dumped the "index-1-7.html" files in the same spot.
Maybe they need to be seperated?
I beleive the links in your page are pointing to the public_html/flash directory?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SomeStrangeGuy said:
I beleive the links in your page are pointing to the public_html/flash directory?
So, I'm gonna take a wild leap and guess that if said public_html/flash/ file path did not exist that that was probably a problem, huh? :banghead:

Have I mentioned I'm not big on this website building stuff? :O

The flash is working now. Thanks, Dude!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts