Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure, Cali has some serious problems right now; but, we have this:

Leigh and I headed up the coast to a secluded little Bed and Breakfast. A little better than 200 miles each way with someof the best twisties anywhere. We had this little (tiny) cabin to ourselves, about 300 yards from anyone else.

We actually slept in the little loft up top. VERY cool.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The beach in the morning was, well, you describe it.

Just playing around with a cheap camera and lighting here.  This is on the way back from the beach to the farmhouse where we had an amazing breakfast.

Loading up the bikes for the return trip.

Can you tell that the wind gets strong sometimes?

After we checked out, we worked out way North to Leggett.  If you've never ridden Highway 1 the 22 miles before Leggett, STOP EVERYTHING AND DO IT NOW!!! What an amazing road that gets better everytime.  No pictures because I didn't want to stop.

We did the tourist thing at the drive-through tree;

but, we didn't get a picture of the bikes in the tree.  

We had a great ride back to Sacramento.  The whole trip was about 450 miles and so good for the soul.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
We dig N. California.....great place to unwind....no phones, no TV.....just great scenery and a nice pace...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yeah, that section up through there is really neat! Did ya do the Redwoods?. It's one of those runs we do on our annual pilgramage to Seca.

Cabin looks tiny but also very neat. Wow.. Just need to get the wife through the MSF class before next July and maybe she will join us for our annual adventure and the two of us can hang there for a few days on the way back.

Can you PM me contact info for the place (if you don't want to post it the thread, that is)??

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I was with 4 viffers on the way down but on the way back I had to run it solo from Modesto -> Seattle to get back on time (I think we all took some different routes back).

My own was an 850+ mile superslab back up I-5.. :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts