Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was riding around last night in the city. I left my house and hopped on the highway for 24 miles. Everything seemed fine. As soon as i got into the city and hit a few traffic lights this is where it got weird. Now i dont know if the heat of the bike had anything to do with it but i just noticed it was running at 220 degrees with the fan on when it happened. So i look down and notice my rpm needle starting to jump around at the 1k mark. And then she died.

Now this especially sucked because my battery was completely dead when i left my house. I had to jump the bike to get going. So of course theres no juice to turn her over. It takes me a few tries but i then get her started from a roll down the hill. Then boom, i left off the throttle for a second and she died again. So i roll start her once more and get her going, leave off the throttle and she died again! At this point i was pissed, got her started one more time, but this time continuously rolled on the throttle all the way to a parking lot.

I ended up getting her towed back home the next morning, where i charged the battery up, and she started up and idled/rode for 20 minutes just fine. Im still wondering what the whole lack of idling rpms was and her giving out on me. I just dont want it to happen again, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
... After 24 miles your battery should have charged itself if it was still good.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So i was riding around last night in the city. I left my house and hopped on the highway for 24 miles. Everything seemed fine. As soon as i got into the city and hit a few traffic lights this is where it got weird. Now i dont know if the heat of the bike had anything to do with it but i just noticed it was running at 220 degrees with the fan on when it happened. So i look down and notice my rpm needle starting to jump around at the 1k mark. And then she died.

Now this especially sucked because my battery was completely dead when i left my house. I had to jump the bike to get going. So of course theres no juice to turn her over. It takes me a few tries but i then get her started from a roll down the hill. Then boom, i left off the throttle for a second and she died again. So i roll start her once more and get her going, leave off the throttle and she died again! At this point i was pissed, got her started one more time, but this time continuously rolled on the throttle all the way to a parking lot.

I ended up getting her towed back home the next morning, where i charged the battery up, and she started up and idled/rode for 20 minutes just fine. Im still wondering what the whole lack of idling rpms was and her giving out on me. I just dont want it to happen again, any ideas?

I wouldn't call that weird at all for a Honda.
Sounds like your charging system is failing.
Do the tests in the manual to determine if the problem is the stator, regulator or battery, or just a broken connection.
Going for a ride when you already know the battery is dead is just asking for trouble.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
i would get a new bike ! i have a 07 gixxer 7 fiddy for sale :D. or do the checks from the manual .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts