Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks, I've got this weird electrical problem that has caused some loss of hair:

Headlight switch in "off" position
signals do not work. Buzzing sound from signal relay. Horn does not work. Only a light "tap" sound heard. Press the passing light, buzzing sound heard from headlight relay. Fan comes on at the correct temperature.

Headlight switch in both "on" positions
All headlights do not work. Signals do not work. No buzzing from signal relay. Horn does not work. No tapping sound. Passing light does not work. No buzzing sound from headlight relay. Fan does not come on when it should.

In the meantime, the tail and brake lights work just fine.

I've checked all the relevant connections, as well as continuity along the relevant wires, and all seems ok.

I've yet to check the switch block. Is this a possible culprit? or am I missing something? :huh:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You have something shorting - causing a ground somewhere. Have you dropped the bike lately, or has it been in a prolonged rainstorm.

There has to be a bare wire touching at some point. I can't imagine that not being the case. Then again, I've seen stranger things, such as acorns in the airfilter of my classic car. Stupid squirrels.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A bad ground could cause the gremlins you're talking about....i left on off when doing the motor swap on my truck....the reverse lights would feed back somehow and cause my interior light to come on.....re-attached a ground, all was well....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts