Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is like a crackling noise coming from under the front sprocket cover. the chain is very clean and lubed, the slack is properly adjusted and i had a shop check out the chain today (they said the chain was not worn). but i am getting this noise that is making me worry. any suggestions?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red Rider said:
Did you pull the sprocket cover off and take a look? It might be the chain plate rattling. :idunno:
yes, all check out in there too. i even shot a little lube onto the counter shaft to see if it was that but no luck either.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Red Rider said:
How worn are your chain and sprockets? Maybe you're getting some binding or slippage? :idunno:

I agree...take the cover off and look at it. Also you can put your bike on a rear stand and run the wheel backwards with your hand and the bike off in nutural. That will show you more sounds if the chain/sprocket are worn. You may find a *tight spot* on your chain. If so, replace chain, and sprockets to be safest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well i did find a frozen link. i fully cleaned the chain, and relubed with some new lube i bought that is fully synthetic. it is a little lees noisey. it will have to do for the next week and a half. i leave for myrtle beach in less then 48 hours. so i will change it as soon as i get back.

oh and the front sprocket maybe has 2500 miles on it and the rear sprocket has about 1500 miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts