Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
between $3250 - $4,500 I'll say in US terms. like others are saying. Specific market. Especially over here... But anyway. you could put it up for 5 or 6 and people will take interest and drool and message you about it. But it's likely to stay yours for awhile at anything more than 4k. Options tend to really open up around that price point on the used market.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
between $3250 - $4,500 I'll say in US terms. . .
Oh, goody. After Corvettes and Saabs we're back to @IanDoohan 's bike! :D

I will say that it seems the USA market might be a bit looser than ours in UK, perhaps because your sportsbike market is not as active. Sure, we have cheap bikes of all types, but if I could get a full bore resto like Ian's for $3250 it'd be in my lounge room right now. :love:

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh, goody. After Corvettes and Saabs we're back to @IanDoohan 's bike! :D

I will say that it seems the USA market might be a bit looser than ours in UK, perhaps because your sportsbike market is not as active. Sure, we have cheap bikes of all types, but if I could get a full bore resto like Ian's for $3250 it'd be in my lounge room right now. :love:
And I would shake your hand, and let you have it for that ❤👍🏻

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen custom vehicles with "for sale" done in painted lettering. I guess it's saying, "I know the market is limited but I ain't giving it away and I'm not in a hurry"

C5s are great cars and probably at the bottom of depreciation (as long as we can buy gas). The entire engine line up available in them takes to hop ups so darn well;) Did someone say "forced induction"?

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
😂😂😂, just watched a video of a basically bolt on supercharger..............daddy like!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you looking at centrifugal or positive displacement? The instant power of a PD blower is very addictive ( they don't all poke through the hood). byebyetires.jpg

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Neither, really. The video I que’d up was by accident. Normally aspirated is fine with me 😉

·
Registered
202 Posts
Can't say I've experienced the 'heroin high'. I guess the closest I've ever got to that was ogling Caitlin Jenner on Instagram!:love::ROFLMAO:.

Not far off the 70th year myself and totally agree with you that although age is a 'state of mind' it also helps if we're healthy and flexible to pursue our chosen hobbies/interests. Like me, I'm sure you're astounded by the number of people with their: 'Oh, you're still riding at 70,' type comments as if life suddenly stops after we enter our sixties.

Always wanted a Saab 9-5 but got no further than my 1986 900 EMS. Not the world's prettiest car, but wow, they were great to drive and reasonably optioned for their era.
Knew you want a Swedish car :)

Reactions: nigelrb

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So the bikes, my trailer, my lift and all associated spare parts have been listed on Facebook Market place for about 18 hours. $7,500 for everything. So far no takers............had a nibble, but the line broke. Oh well, under the covers they sit :(, what a shame.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So the bikes, my trailer, my lift and all associated spare parts have been listed on Facebook Market place for about 18 hours. $7,500 for everything. So far no takers............had a nibble, but the line broke. Oh well, under the covers they sit :(, what a shame.
I would think that someone is going to want you to split them up and sell just one. Track only bike is a limited market so I would think the street bike will get most action. My two cents that’s probably only Worth a penny

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have them in almost 20 different Facebook groups, including stunters, streetfighters, Craigslist ads, and local bike groups. NO messages to even tell me I'm insane, or to lower the price. Nothing, nada, ziltch.

I know its only 2 days, but c'mon, I figured I would get loads of people telling me SOMETHING! :LOL::LOL:

I guess it's not a sellers market. I think the price is just at the tip of the high side, but with the trailer, would make it a good deal for a guy who's not close to at least have means of bringing them home.

I've said I'm not in a rush, so I should stop being a baby about oit and just keep waiting...................but there are SO MANY used Vettes out there waiting for me :ROFLMAO::LOL::love::cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
When you're selling old toys to fund new toys the equation is a little different than just how to sell something. I'd expect bikes to be more like boats with a noticeable drop in interest as the season ends. Vette values are less susceptible to November that bikes (in the Northern Hemisphere). The gap in value between what you are trying to sell and want to buy is likely to get bigger in another month. If you won't go Vette shopping till the bikes are gone I'd reevaluate the bottom line for the bikes and then price close to that. My wife and I differ on asking price. She likes to price high and have lots of room to negotiate. I like to price close to my bottom line and speed the whole process up.

People are scared about where the economy is headed. This too probably impacts bikes and boats more than a C5 that has a lot of practical value as a daily driver.

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I think it has a lot to do with my preconceived value of the package. I really never thought I would be even considering such a thing, but here I am. If I keep them through winter it’s no big deal. I also believe I had a preconceived notion that all the wackers on the web would be sending ridiculous messages with stupid questions and insane low ball offers. I think that is the biggest let down at the moment 😂

I have no problem reevaluating in the spring. I’m not riding them anyway, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

I have to stop looking at the Vettes is what I really need to do 😉

·
Registered
126 Posts
Whatever you do don't catch the Corvette Fever! I got it bad is the '70s and never fully recovered. If you think you're getting it consider Class III narcotics...much cheaper in the long run.
Even when you think you've got the CF in remission you can catch the related Camaro fever. Camaro Fever used to be a lot more manageable than the Vette fever but depending on the strain it might be more costly than the Vette version. fever.jpg DSCN6241.jpg

·
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That’s awesome! It might be too late for me.......

I might go with both the narcotics AND the Vette. Go big or go home, right 🤷🏼‍♂️😎

·
Registered
426 Posts
You're probably better waiting till the spring to sell them. Anyone who wanted a ride had one by now. The only people looking at those like me who just like to find a good deal.

With the upcoming stimulus payments, you may get a nibble.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts