Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Oh, I didn't realise that you are dumping selling ALL the bikes Ian. That's surprising. And I'm sure it's not because the cars perform better than the bikes. Much safer and more comfortable though.......and your wife can always tag along.....
I suppose part of the reason I keep on with the motorcycling is because it's part of who I think I am. It's uncomfortable at times, costs too much money, and we don't have anywhere near the freedom we used to have 50 years ago, or even 25. For a variety of reasons. But it's a continual challenge to keep fit enough to ride it well, and I like the fact that I have to be really alert to everything. Keeps me sharp. I guess it would be even more of a challenge if it were something like a 60's brit bike, but the 929 has looked after me well and I just can't imagine parting with it. Yet.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oh, I didn't realise that you are dumping selling ALL the bikes Ian. That's surprising. And I'm sure it's not because the cars perform better than the bikes. Much safer and more comfortable though.......and your wife can always tag along.....
I suppose part of the reason I keep on with the motorcycling is because it's part of who I think I am. It's uncomfortable at times, costs too much money, and we don't have anywhere near the freedom we used to have 50 years ago, or even 25. For a variety of reasons. But it's a continual challenge to keep fit enough to ride it well, and I like the fact that I have to be really alert to everything. Keeps me sharp. I guess it would be even more of a challenge if it were something like a 60's brit bike, but the 929 has looked after me well and I just can't imagine parting with it. Yet.
Thanks, It's been on my mind for some time now., expedited by a cruise in my cousin's C5 Convertible. 345hp, rear wheel drive, top down, performance exhaust......I was hooked immediately. They're old enough to be affordable and still turn heads with the 97-04 design. I was without bike for the first 13 years of my marriage, and now at 21 years, it's time I included in something that I like :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::love::cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
So the bikes, my trailer, my lift and all associated spare parts have been listed on Facebook Market place for about 18 hours. $7,500 for everything. So far no takers............had a nibble, but the line broke. Oh well, under the covers they sit :(, what a shame.
Selling in a lot never works. It's a lazy way to try and sell things, especially vehicles. You have to put some effort into the sale to sell a vehicle, if you want decent value.

A noob will never drop that amount of coin on so much gear that they have no idea what to do with.

Any experienced biker will already have most your "extras" that "add value" to the lot, so in reality they would be paying for things they already have, and do not want.

The overall "value" of the package has no appeal to anyone other than a business, and a business isn't buying your motorcycles.

List your stuff for sale seperately, you'll see there will be plenty of bites. That annoying problem you wanted of having lowball idiots on the internet pestering you will annoy you rather quickly.

Don't list the trailer till both bikes are gone. You can use it as an incentive and bargaining chip to get closer to the dollar figure you want for whatever bike the buyer is interested in. Trailers sell quick and easily, especially if they're priced right. It won't take long to move after the bikes are gone. As long as your trailer isn't overly fancy and expensive, it can be a rather good selling point for someone looking at one of your bikes.

This is not the time of year to post bikes for sale for top dollar. Unfortunely as winter comes it will also soon be Corvette shopping season. I would hold off till spring to sell. Don't even post through through winter. No-one wants to buy something that hasn't sold all winter, at least not close to the fair asking price. It's just consumer mentality. Oh, there's those old Hondas that never sold for months, must be garbage, I'll give him $500. You're after a seller's bike market and a buyer's sports car market simultaneously. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

If you want to do this right you're going to need some patience. Wanting to instantaneously clean house because you've got the itch to put vette in the garage yesterday isn't the right way to go about it, if the financials matter to you that is.

I've been there and done that, quit cars cold turkey for bikes, quit bikes cold turkey for cars. Maybe it's the age thing that I don't yet understand, but if you're into cars and into bikes, in my opinion it's apples to oranges. One cannot replace the other.

Not trying to be a dick by the way, just trying to help. I know what you're going through.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts