Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

Registered
Unfortunately the bikes must go prior to getting the Vette. 1- money and 2- garage space 馃槀

There is no urgency really, as with fall coming the desire will wane a bit. Come spring I may need to be committed if I can鈥檛 get a decent price for the two wheeled toys and all that comes with them 馃槈
You have the common sense and willpower of a 1950s grandfather.:sleep: Do say, "Back in MY day....." often?:cry:

You need to spend more time on Corvette forums and searching "C5 for sale" ads(y) Watch a few videos of Vettes tearing up back roads, that'll help you make some rash decisions.

Premium Member
The older Blade market does seem to be a bit flat at the moment, prices seem to be about 5% down on this time last year. I am contemplating possibly selling mine as I've been diagnosed with Arthritis in both hands so the riding position is proving to be a bit of a challenge, I'm only managing to ride short distances. I'm considering going back to Street Triple.

President: Team Full Chat
Discussion Starter #63
You have the common sense and willpower of a 1950s grandfather.:sleep: Do say, "Back in MY day....." often?:cry:

You need to spend more time on Corvette forums and searching "C5 for sale" ads(y) Watch a few videos of Vettes tearing up back roads, that'll help you make some rash decisions.
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 I watch ALL the videos, know how to fix the EBCM, the oil pressure sensor, the water down tubes, and am going berserk knowing I don鈥檛 have one to actually touch! That鈥檚 why I need to settle myself down and not be so hasty. It鈥檚 killing me not having this car yet 馃槶馃槀.

CarGurus constantly crashes because I look at the same cars 10 hours a day 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

Discussion Starter #64
The older Blade market does seem to be a bit flat at the moment, prices seem to be about 5% down on this time last year. I am contemplating possibly selling mine as I've been diagnosed with Arthritis in both hands so the riding position is proving to be a bit of a challenge, I'm only managing to ride short distances. I'm considering going back to Street Triple.
Well, I hope that if you do sell you don鈥檛 become a stranger here, you鈥檙e a decent bloke and a good resource. I understand the pain (literally) as well.

Registered
This will give you more time to save. There is a lot of extra cost in owning a corvette.
1. Leather corvette jacket
2. License plate frame for other car that says my other cars a vette
3. Harley sticker for back window of vette.
4. Door matt for front do with corvette wrote on it.
5. Shower curtain with 3 vettes displayed.
6. Garage stools that say vette
7. Subscriptions to vette enthusiasts vette lifestyle corvette quarterly
8. Mustache wax for new mustache
9. Car cover with vette symbol on it.
I know there鈥檚 a lot more that I鈥檓 leaving out.

Discussion Starter #68
This will give you more time to save. There is a lot of extra cost in owning a corvette.
1. Leather corvette jacket
2. License plate frame for other car that says my other cars a vette
3. Harley sticker for back window of vette.
4. Door matt for front do with corvette wrote on it.
5. Shower curtain with 3 vettes displayed.
6. Garage stools that say vette
7. Subscriptions to vette enthusiasts vette lifestyle corvette quarterly
8. Mustache wax for new mustache
9. Car cover with vette symbol on it.
I know there鈥檚 a lot more that I鈥檓 leaving out.
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

That will all go great with my plush white embroidered monogrammed Vette bathrobe 鉂

Registered
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

That will all go great with my plush white embroidered monogrammed Vette bathrobe 鉂
I hope you have the uniform: Baggy shorts (plaid is a plus), white socks, brown leather sandals, white knit shirts (some with your cars image and others with C8 logos), cheap Chinese watch with a Vette logo dial and a few microns of gold plate and to really fit in a gold chain is always welcomed. Grey hair neatly trimmed every two weeks is expected and beer is the beverage of choice;)

Premium Member
This will give you more time to save. There is a lot of extra cost in owning a corvette. . .
. . . and I remain prepared to contribute to that cost if you'll do a deal on Red's can. Think of the alternative: someone could buy the bike and drop it the very next day, destroying a piece of Erion history.

I don't want to burden you with guilt :D , but you must surely acknowledge you have an obligation to perpetuate the Erion/Honda history by permitting AND assisting this precious accessory be restored to its rightful motorcycle.馃懠

And that brings the 'Vette just a little bit closer . . .:love:

Premium Member
Since my last post I鈥檝e been contemplating what to do, longer rides are now very uncomfortable, but I love the Blade. But I鈥檝e looked at some alternatives, GS, Africa Twin, Triumph Tiger and Street Triple, and after a great early morning ride on Sunday, about 50 miles of empty roads, I鈥檓 definitely keeping it, I just think it would break my heart to part with it.

Registered
I just think it would break my heart to part with it.
i have this sentiment for the blade every time i consider selling. i can only ride about 20 miles until my right hand goes numb. last time my left thumb went numb as well and i could lift my left foot up for a few days. it's starting to get to the point where a 50 mile ride on the vfr is doing it as well. i really don't want to get rid of either but i can't even ride to work on the cbr anymore.

Premium Member
There are cheap alternatives. The Honda Deauville, and the early Pan Euros. 拢1500 t 拢2000 for reasonable to good!:love:

Discussion Starter #79
But there's always buyers like me to help lighten the remorse for you! :love: 馃懠
Nigel, please take a holiday and come visit me in the states, buy my bikes like the savvy buyer you are, and get yourself some track time on a worthy 900 at Caldwell Park, Silverstone or Brands Hatch :giggle:

61 - 80 of 109 Posts