Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
We could play "Pass Nigel around the States". I'll cover the Branson area. Should be outside salted road season though. All my toys hibernate till the roads are clean.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
We could play "Pass Nigel around the States". I'll cover the Branson area. Should be outside salted road season though. All my toys hibernate till the roads are clean.
😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ian. I had a low mileage Vette i bought new and I sold it. Didnt drive it for 2 years since I was having so much fun on my bikes (including the 900RR). You'll regret selling it I tell you. Don't regret selling the Vette even though I owned it for 27 years. oh,.. and if you want to let an Erion pipe fo with an Erion bike I'm all ears).

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Darned if I could even get there now :( . We have escalating Covid nationally. No further flight restrictions, but they haven't even recovered from previous months losses as yet.

Perhaps one of you computer-savvy guys could make a virtual map and virtual Nigel (rendering me as my true likeness to Brad Pitt and George Clooney) and pass me first to one of the Kardashian/Jenner mansions (no, not Kim, I'm not a fan of cellulite butts) and then do as you please with me.:love:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Perhaps one of you computer-savvy guys could make a virtual map and virtual Nigel
guess we'll have to do it via zoom and tape you to the front of the bike.

Darned if I could even get there now :( . We have escalating Covid nationally.
they seem to be starting to relax here. walmart opened both entrances again and they no longer have the mask nazi tent outside forcing (yes, physically forcing) people away for not wearing masks.
also, it might be of note, when adjusted for population, sweden has one of the lowest infection and death rates in the world, 5% below the US. maybe their method works.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Dang, talk about being late to the party. I was browsing craigslist and saw two bikes for sale that I was familar with. I come here to understand the madness and find this thread. When you customize bikes as such, that usually means they're yours for life.

I'm in the same boat where I may be thinning out the stable as well. I have five bikes that I dont have time to ride and do not foresee the situation changing. Decisions decisions... I'm thinking of getting rid of the 99 sv650, the 09 zx6r track bike, and maybe the yz250 dirtbike. My R1 Im keeping forever unless I'm in a real financial pinch and the Roadstar, I'll keep unless someone randomly makes me a good enough offer and I'll add to that to get a Goldwing.

Good luck with the sell Ian, looks like it'll be rough since most people will not understand what they're getting.

·
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Hey there old friend. I’ve been lucky enough to find a guy who knows exactly what they are and has the means to come and get them. If I could keep them, or at least Red Rocker I would, but things change and things are changing for me and my family so it’s ok. I’m sure I’ll cry a few good tears when I open the garage and they’re gone, but I will also smile and know they weren’t stolen or went to some squid who just thinks they look cool. They will live on in Michigan 👍🏻

·
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Update folks..........my bikes are gone. Gone to a loving home in Michigan at Motobros. This guy’s shop @01bladeguy

He’s thrown caution to the wind and quit the day job to open up a motorcycle sales and service shop. He’s had his eye on Red Rocker and Agent 99 since he’s first laid eyes on them. It took a few months, but he made it work. Drove 11 hours to my place and used my trailer (that I fabbed and he bought) to haul them back. It was great weekend showing him my small shop and all the stuff in it. I know the bikes will be just as loved and more so. He’s a rider, and the bikes will get ridden. He also already has a Motobros Track Day event lined up in two weeks. Look up MotobrosMichigan and you can probably find the link. Jason understands and appreciated all the work and customization that’s been done. He understands that these two bikes are basically unicorns in the USA. I love that he loves them. They will be well looked after. Congrats Jason, you deserve them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Congrats ian, glad they found someone who will appreciate them.
i've been thinking about opening up a sales shop, might have to look this chap up and pick his brain.

·
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
What's gonna be the next project Ian , car or bike (y)
The immediate future will be a C5 (97-04) Corvette convertible to cruise with the wifey in. Of course when that happens (before summer hopefully), it shan’t stay “OEM” for long. 👍🏻😎

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great for you to sell bikes to a person who will take care of them hopefully :)

Good luck with car but think you will miss bike riding soon.

Reactions: IanDoohan

·
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Good for you Ian, time for a new adventure!

great photos and he seems a decent chap. I’m also moving mine on, time for a change!
Thank you, doesn’t mean I’m leaving the forum either. This place has a special piece of my heart. As do 900RR’s. But it will be a nice change for sure to have my bride of 22 years enjoy some of my hobbies. We used to ride 2 up way back when we first got married and she/we enjoyed it very much. That seems like a lifetime ago, so now hopefully we can get back to enjoying each other while doing burnouts in the sun with the top down and the radio blasting like we were in our late 20’s again 😂😉😎

·
8,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Congrats ian, glad they found someone who will appreciate them.
i've been thinking about opening up a sales shop, might have to look this chap up and pick his brain.
Thanks dude. He’s done what I wanted to do with a friend of mine almost 30 years ago but didn’t have the cojones to commit to it. He’s an enthusiast like no other. I thought I loved bikes, riding and wrenching, but he brings it to another level. He will ride bikes very second if every day if possible, and doesn’t care what the bike is. He will be more than happy to talk shop and bikes with you. Ask for Jason.

81 - 100 of 109 Posts