Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my CBR1000RR today and man pictures just dont do it justice at all.

Some initial things to note: The seat is pretty damn firm, The windscreen needs to be tossed for a DB, and there is a slight hum in the bars at 55 in 6th but a downshift takes care of that and how often does one travel 55 in 6th gear for enough time for it to matter. I havent had it above 8500rpm yet but the thing is pulling like a freight train at that point anyhow.The tranny is flawless and I rode a VFR prior to this so the hydraulic clutch seems normal.The binders are great. I rode it about 70 miles and these were the most obvious points. I will be going into the Black Hills this weekend and let you know how it goes I love it so far. I will get some more pics as well forgot to charge the camera.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get the tank slappers for the tank ASAP before you scratch up the sides... Alot of people are complaining how easy and quick it scuffs up.
Oh yea,,, congrats

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No I went to spearfish Rice sucks for customer service i was originally dealing with them but gave up on them after no contact for 3 months i still have a deposit on one of the black ones they have, And yeah the rear of the tank was scuffed up within the 1st 70 miles. Tankslapper has been ordered BTW.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nillotuc said:
No I went to spearfish Rice sucks for customer service i was originally dealing with them but gave up on them after no contact for 3 months i still have a deposit on one of the black ones they have, And yeah the rear of the tank was scuffed up within the 1st 70 miles.
The only experience I have with RHS was the free hotdogs/popcorn/pop during Sturgis! (I swear I was one of 4 sportbikes in the state during the day we traveled through) :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would agree, RHS isn't the best place. Sweet ride anyway. I was going to ride on Sunday, but it sounds like snow.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
sittinguy said:
Get the tank slappers for the tank ASAP before you scratch up the sides... Alot of people are complaining how easy and quick it scuffs up.
Oh yea,,, congrats
I wonder if that was one of the reasons they didn't want anyone sitting on them during the motorcycle shows.

Nice bike, congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, my Black 1000RR just came in this afternoon. Dealer called me and I got to the store just as they were taking it out of the crate! Man thats one tight, mean, wicked looking package.

I was a bit upset to see that the Honda wing logo on the tank is not clear coated. If memory serves me right when I saw the Red 1000RR the logo and graphics on the tank were clear coated. Is the Black paint on this model clear coated at all?

Anyway, I am going to pick the bike up after work Friday. I told the dealer not to clean up the bike. It is covered in a oily smeary film. My concern was that they would scratch the paint trying to clean up the paint. Anyone have any idea the best way to clean this stuff off? I was going to wash the bike with S-100 cycle cleaner and a hose. Then carefully wax the bike.

I'll post my review after I get the bike.

David

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The general consensus is that the tank is not clear coated which is why it scuffs so easily, as I said I already ordered the tankslapper for mine. As far as the wings not being cleared I was happy as hell, cause they are coming off this weekend, as well as most of the rest of the stickers, and the reflectors. I may leave the sticker on the tail I have not yet decided but man this thing is so much more gorgeous in real life than in still photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts