Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Only thing about them in traffic.. They make it worse, people have to go around them.

And at every red light, they go through traffic to the front of the line.. and repeat the same process.

Although as a cyclist myself, it is nice being on a bike.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I ride a pushbike as well, some people are total :censored: when it comes to cyclists. I don't live in a city but if I did, I would use a pushbike to get around. If more people got their fat arses out of their one-person cars and on to 2 wheels, there would be far less of a congestion problem anyway!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Not even just getting people onto bicycles.. Usually somebody or a few people live in the area or on the way to work.. They all drive to work, so why not car pool

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Not even just getting people onto bicycles.. Usually somebody or a few people live in the area or on the way to work.. They all drive to work, so why not car pool
:plus1:

They try that where I work. A few weeks ago, I got to work in full gear, carrying my lid and there was a guy in reception with a clipboard doing a survey.

He asked if he could ask me a few questions. Sure, I said.

Question 1 - Can you tell me sir, how did you come in to work today.....

:doh:

I looked at him, looked myself up and down, and walked off.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:rotfl:

Got to love people hey!

When I was driving trucks.. I noticed on the main roads around the city, so many vehicles with 1 person in them. Imagine how many cars get off the road if there was 4 in each car!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
When I was driving trucks.. I noticed on the main roads around the city, so many vehicles with 1 person in them. Imagine how many cars get off the road if there was 4 in each car!
In Oz they have lanes for cars with more than 1 occupant. I'm not sure exactly of the rules of how they work, and I don't know if they work or how popular they are with the public - but at least there is some incentive to car share!

Perhaps soon fuel prices will be the incentive.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Funny to stumble onto this thread and read some of the rants: I was in my Jeep this afternoon having just picked up my son from swim team. I came to the same 4-way intersection I pass through 4 times a day at least. I started to make my right turn (right turn lane only has to yield, all others have a stop sign) and I had to nail the brakes because a cyclist coming down the hill at about 40 mph blew through the stop sign and almost ate my fender. I didnt see him when I looked as I started my turn because of a tree and bushes on the corner. He shook his head in disgust at me, just like I've done to all the drivers that have tried to take me out on my RR. I caught up to him down the road at the next intersection, also a 4-way stop with intentions to say my piece, only he blew that stop sign too, never slowed down. This was not some kid, but a man in his 50's in full cycle gear. I should have just hit the jackass and saved someone else the trouble. Since when does a cycle give yu a free pass to blow through intersections at speed...Sorry, I'm done venting.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Funny to stumble onto this thread and read some of the rants: I was in my Jeep this afternoon having just picked up my son from swim team. I came to the same 4-way intersection I pass through 4 times a day at least. I started to make my right turn (right turn lane only has to yield, all others have a stop sign) and I had to nail the brakes because a cyclist coming down the hill at about 40 mph blew through the stop sign and almost ate my fender. I didnt see him when I looked as I started my turn because of a tree and bushes on the corner. He shook his head in disgust at me, just like I've done to all the drivers that have tried to take me out on my RR. I caught up to him down the road at the next intersection, also a 4-way stop with intentions to say my piece, only he blew that stop sign too, never slowed down. This was not some kid, but a man in his 50's in full cycle gear. I should have just hit the jackass and saved someone else the trouble. Since when does a cycle give yu a free pass to blow through intersections at speed...Sorry, I'm done venting.
Yeah that's stupid.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I pay a lot of attention to such a thing when I am on a bicycle. I run stop signs, but I dont absolutely blow through them.

and Des, we dont really have the multiple occupancy lanes. Usually those are also for motorcycles, which would be nice to have. I dislike sitting in traffic, and I definitely do not lane split.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I pay a lot of attention to such a thing when I am on a bicycle. I run stop signs, but I dont absolutely blow through them.

and Des, we dont really have the multiple occupancy lanes. Usually those are also for motorcycles, which would be nice to have. I dislike sitting in traffic, and I definitely do not lane split.
Ah, 'lane splitting'. It's legal here, and I do it where necessary. I don't often use dual carriageways / motorways but when I do, and the traffic is snarled up, I go through the middle. Otherwise why bother with a bike?

I don't tend to filter when traffic is moving at a decent pace though.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I bother with a bike because I like to be on two wheels :)

If I ride my R6 to work, I have to deal with ~25 minutes of traffic moving below 5mph. quite often not moving at all. I still love the ride to work. Its just parking is a pain haha.

I get people telling me out their windows that I should lane split. but then I would just leave half an hour later :p and there would also be no traffic

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I didn't mean to bash cyclists in general, they have a right to the road as well. Just the morons in my neighborhood that want to share the road, but ignore all the laws, and ride like they live inside some bubble of invincibility. I dont need the hassle of a lawsuit, especially one that I would probably, lose because even though he ran the stop sign, some panzi judge here in California would pin it on me for failure to yield.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts

Hi Krazed, we have those HOV lanes here but there's always someone getting caught for fudging the rules. Last one I remember was someone with a mannequin in the passenger seat :rolleyes: Ticket was happily giver to that guy!
The guy with the dog? Yup same thing but at least he had a seatbelt for the dog...

Motorcycles are allowed to use them in certain cities but since it's different in every city here, what good is that? The signs are few and far between.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts