Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I was out with about 10 friends, going for a short ride down one of the more twisty roads near Beaufort SC. We were about 10 miles into the ride. I was riding around a right hand corner (at about 55mph), when I seen the demon in front of me. This time it was a patch of sand/dirt about 4' in diameter. As soon as I seen it, I prepared myself to slide through the opposing lane, and off the road. Needless to say, I ended up in a ditch on the other side of the road. I was lucky enough not to hit the on-coming car, or the road sign in front of me, and to walk away with minor scratches, and some bruising. But my blade wasnt so lucky. she didnt hit the car or sign, but both side fairings and the upper fairing, along with the upper fairing stay are shredded to bits (fairing stay broken of course), and the headlight in 2 pieces. As far as I can tell, there is no mechanical damage. When I got home I tried to start it, and it fired up as usual, with no leaks. Thank God... The point to this thread is, does anyone know of a good source for unpainted fairings, fairing stay and a headlamp? any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You mean to tell me that on thie monsterous forum site, NOBODY knows where i can get some fairings and a headlight at a decent price?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sad to hear of your crash mate ! I remember how I felt after crashing mine. I actually totalled it :(

Cant really give you any pointers regarding the fairings, Sorry !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, yesterday I was out with about 10 friends, going for a short ride down one of the more twisty roads near Beaufort SC. We were about 10 miles into the ride. I was riding around a right hand corner (at about 55mph), when I seen the demon in front of me. This time it was a patch of sand/dirt about 4' in diameter. As soon as I seen it, I prepared myself to slide through the opposing lane, and off the road. Needless to say, I ended up in a ditch on the other side of the road. I was lucky enough not to hit the on-coming car, or the road sign in front of me, and to walk away with minor scratches, and some bruising. But my blade wasnt so lucky. she didnt hit the car or sign, but both side fairings and the upper fairing, along with the upper fairing stay are shredded to bits (fairing stay broken of course), and the headlight in 2 pieces. As far as I can tell, there is no mechanical damage. When I got home I tried to start it, and it fired up as usual, with no leaks. Thank God... The point to this thread is, does anyone know of a good source for unpainted fairings, fairing stay and a headlamp? any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I ran across a company that looks like they make some nice parts while searching out a rear tire hugger. Looks like race parts that come primed for $640 or so that you'd need painted. I would suppose you'd be looking for original replacement and color scheme..and that I don't know where to get and hope I never need to... just a matter of time I suppose.. surely you've heard of hotbodies racing?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Jimmyplanet.. He did mention that he was looking for a good course for "unpainted" fairings.

So I am not sure he cares about original replacement and color scheme

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Glad to hear your ok, thats the main thing.
AS far as fairings go, you can get a whole set from Hong Kong cheaper than non painted domestic ones.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok, sorry bout the Blade :-(

Try posting up in the Wanted Section here on the .Org !, might help you're chances, you never know who's got what to part with. Good luck and hope you get her back on the road soon:thumb:

Everyone's mentioned all the places I was going to recommend:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts