Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go to my local Honda dealer. Santa Clarita Motorsports. They have the same four 05 1000RR's sitting on the floor that they had last June. They even have one Repsol. Now that the 06's have been announced those '05's should
go pretty cheap. So if anyone is looking for one you might be able to get one cheap. Oh, they also have an 05, titanium RC51. Sweet looking bike. That too has been there since June.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The 05 will drop some in price, but I personally doubt that the Repsol Edition will. It is a limited number production. Someone here in Colorado Springs is asking $13,500 for their's. Thats not to say they are going to get it, but their asking it.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
dbgoff said:
Someone here in Colorado Springs is asking $13,500 for their's. Thats not to say they are going to get it, but their asking it.
Let'em keep it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Dealers have to begin paying on stock that sits there on the floor too long...I have walked out of a dealership over 100.00 on a deal I was trying to get on a 900RR in 1999. I was glad I did...because 2000 was the year I bought the 929. Best part was - that 900RR was sitting there when I rolled in on my 929!

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Bloomington Power sports to my knowledge still has a Ti 954 on their show room. I bought mine around $1,500 cheaper and told the sales guy to pound sand. Last time I was in there I asked him how much for the outdated 954, he did not answer and walked away.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hammer said:
Bloomington Power sports to my knowledge still has a Ti 954 on their show room. I bought mine around $1,500 cheaper and told the sales guy to pound sand. Last time I was in there I asked him how much for the outdated 954, he did not answer and walked away.
:clap: :rotfl: What an asshat! The owner of that shop must be a prick with the tightest asshole you could imagine to still be hanging on to a 2 year old bike.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
There are four or five Repsols at local dealers here. Funny how so many think they are a 'limited edition' when Honda has never stated as such, and you can buy all the body parts from any Honda dealer. It is nothing more than a 'special edition' with fancy colors and stickers.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">THe store where I bought my 1000RR still has 5 or 6 '03 954's. Too dumb to cut their losses and unload the damn things for stupid cheap. They should drop the price to dead cost and spiff the salesman who sells them $500.00. Beats paying flooring bills for the next 2 years, then losing even more.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
BDA116 said:
There are four or five Repsols at local dealers here. Funny how so many think they are a 'limited edition' when Honda has never stated as such, and you can buy all the body parts from any Honda dealer. It is nothing more than a 'special edition' with fancy colors and stickers.
but you need a VIN number to get those body parts and stickers. plus a second loan just for them.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I just don't understand why these dealers just don't cut their losses and sell the older bikes at cost. I haven't talked to the salesmen about the bikes I saw. But I have talked to them in the past about other things and I don't think most of them have a clue as to what really makes one bike better than other. They try the old line "It's a <insert racer name here> edition." Or "it has more power because it is a race replica." Or "this bike will smoke all the other bikes in its class." And the sales folks just don't seem to really know the bike industry in general and what the comparative performance information is for various bikes in each class.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName w:st="on">D</st1:personName>oes Honda run a little bit higher production on bikes then other Japanese companies?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Honda build a shitload of bikes and flood the market with them. The district sales managers actually hold their dealers ransom and force them to take huge allocations of certain models in order to get other more desirable models. That's the business though.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
554 Posts
jaim said:
So I go to my local Honda dealer. Santa Clarita Motorsports. They have the same four 05 1000RR's sitting on the floor that they had last June. They even have one Repsol. Now that the 06's have been announced those '05's should
go pretty cheap. So if anyone is looking for one you might be able to get one cheap. Oh, they also have an 05, titanium RC51. Sweet looking bike. That too has been there since June.
LAcyclesports in Los Angeles is advertising '05 1000RRs for $10,999 OTD, and Repsols for $11,999 OTD

·
Registered
712 Posts
allred said:
LAcyclesports in Los Angeles is advertising '05 1000RRs for $10,999 OTD, and Repsols for $11,999 OTD
That is where I bought my 954. It was in 2002 and I got it for $9860.00 which included 3 extra years of warranty and they trailered it to my door 300 miles away!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Intimidator said:
That is where I bought my 954. It was in 2002 and I got it for $9860.00 which included 3 extra years of warranty and they trailered it to my door 300 miles away!
LACyclesports are hard to beat for price (In California anyway), and they deliver as far north at Sacramento. I got a quote from them when I was buying my 954 in '02, and used it at my local dealer, they matched it.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
www.lakehillmotors.com has the 1000RR for $9,799.99

Repsol edition for $10,500.00

These guys are awesome to deal with. I have bought three bikes through them and their prices are the real deal. No add ons, you pay ONLY tax tag and title if you live in mississippi. If you live out of state you pay them the amount on their website and pay the rest when you register it home!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts