Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the biggest mall in the city, (Opry Mills) they have recently finished The Aquarium restaurant. Last night a friend and I decided to take her 2 daughters there. The place was friggin cool! It has a 400,000 gallon main tank with a larget cylindical tank at the entrance and an arch tank that you walk through going in to your table. The main tank is stocked with Reef sharks from 1ft to 7ft, at least 2 morey eels, a Sawfish, some huge puffers, what looks like small yellowfin tuna, and quite a few other species that I have no idea what they are.

Except for the 1:25 wait and slow service (I blame our server) it was fantastic. The food was great, a bit pricey but good, the atmosphere rocks, and overall one of the best places I have eaten at in a while. Had it not been for our ditz waitress, It would have been excellent. Ill probably go again soon and hope for a new server (Ill request another if I get her). The best part is that you can take kids there like we did and have a good family outing with what my friend called an "in house sitter", or take a date there and enjoy a nice quiet dinner with a date. It appeared that they tried to group families together and couples together in different parts, but it may have just been the luck of the draw. If you are ever in Nashville, or anywhere else where they may be, stop in and check it out. I looked for a website for them, but only found mentions of them and not a dedicated site.
Chris

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
NinerPilot said:
In the biggest mall in the city, (Opry Mills) they have recently finished The Aquarium restaurant. Last night a friend and I decided to take her 2 daughters there. The place was friggin cool! It has a 400,000 gallon main tank with a larget cylindical tank at the entrance and an arch tank that you walk through going in to your table. The main tank is stocked with Reef sharks from 1ft to 7ft, at least 2 morey eels, a Sawfish, some huge puffers, what looks like small yellowfin tuna, and quite a few other species that I have no idea what they are.

Except for the 1:25 wait and slow service (I blame our server) it was fantastic. The food was great, a bit pricey but good, the atmosphere rocks, and overall one of the best places I have eaten at in a while. Had it not been for our ditz waitress, It would have been excellent. Ill probably go again soon and hope for a new server (Ill request another if I get her). The best part is that you can take kids there like we did and have a good family outing with what my friend called an "in house sitter", or take a date there and enjoy a nice quiet dinner with a date. It appeared that they tried to group families together and couples together in different parts, but it may have just been the luck of the draw. If you are ever in Nashville, or anywhere else where they may be, stop in and check it out. I looked for a website for them, but only found mentions of them and not a dedicated site.
Chris
Sounds cool what type of food? Hopefully not fish :eek:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sheepofblue said:
Yep I am familiar with the mall but no seafood for me. Guess i will have to stick to the Sheep Grill And Roastery

They do have a wide variety... I had a burger (damn good one) last night. Lots of chicken, steak, and salads too (sheep like greenery right? :D ) If you make the trip up, gimme a shout, Ill meet ya there.
Chris

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
NinerPilot said:
They do have a wide variety... I had a burger (damn good one) last night. Lots of chicken, steak, and salads too (sheep like greenery right? :D ) If you make the trip up, gimme a shout, Ill meet ya there.
Chris
the Blue ones are highly carnivorous as I type I have some Buffalo and Elk coming to my freezer :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ah.. they are owned by one the same company that runs one of the places my wife and I used to love to dine at when we lived in CA:

http://www.chart-house.com/directory.asp

Been to almost all of them in CA (including South Shore Lake Tahoe.. man. .the view from that one is exceptional as well). Just found there is one in Portland. Hm.. might have check into that. Often we would drive the 90 min. to Monterey and eat there (even though there was the one in Los Gatos just across town). Ah.. dating.. fun times!!

Thanks for the links!!! That one in Houston looks pretty wild!! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Holeshot said:
Thanks for the links!!! That one in Houston looks pretty wild!! :thumb:
You're welcome. The Houston Aquarium is cool for the site-seeing aspect, but the food leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Then again, I'm pretty partial to fish cooked the right way...the Cajun way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts