Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this have been posted before but what are you guys doing about that awfully hot triangler shaped frame piece right below your legs that gets very hot during this time of year? I commute a lot so I don't wear full leathers to work. I mostly wear pants or jeans when going to work so leather are out of the question. Do anyone make a cover for that peice of the from...and if not what are you doing about this?
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
This has not been a problem for me, I ride to work every day, & have not noticed excessive heat from my bike, but, I am usually running a little late, & the roads to my workplace consist of mostly good sweepers & straights. Maybe I'm riding a lil faster ( avg. 80mph) so I'm not noticing this heat?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
ND has a point. No need to do that all the time, of course, but every once in a while to cool off.

There's a company out there that makes CF covers for the frame, so that would make for some decent insulation. Maybe you could make/have someone make, something similar

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I suffer on my 929 as well. My only solution is to wear leathers or ride fast... sometimes neither is possible. *sigh*

And yes... when it gets hot, you have to do the frog leg thing to cool 'em down.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Damn don't you hate it when your riding to work in shorts no shirt and flip flops and burn your leg!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts