Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
sportech one is solid you cant see through it, plus I had mine for 2 days before it cracked, although I cant say its the windscreens fault, a large rock was kicked up and busted it. I personally like the double bubble style because it pushes more air up getting it off your chest, which is nice on cold days or long trips.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a puig. It's the first aftermarket windscreen I've ever bought, so I have no frame of reference. I looks aight and it was relatively well crafted. It does take some wind off of your chest and brightens up your instrument cluster.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Zero Gravity by far, though its not one of your choices. If you want a screen you can see through and fits correctly buy a Zero Gravity.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
had a Zero Gravity double bubble on my old bike and a Puig double bubble on my current bike. The Puig is a step above. the ZG was a dark smoke and the Puig red. the Puig seems a touch higher quality and I think its a tiny bit higher so it blocks a little more wind.

I also had some stock height screens on my bikes when I bought them but didn't like them. you can see all of them in the pics in my gallery

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased a HotBodies Double-Bubble screen and after installation I sent it back due to very poor fit. HotBodies was very accommodating and sent another screen of the same model citing difficulties with their machine that cuts the screens. The second screen did not fit any better so I sought the advice of a fellow 'Blade owner and he suggested the Zero Gravity screen for its superior fit. I would advise against the HotBodies screen and opt for the Zero Gravity or as others suggest Puig. Good luck and safe riding.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a Double Bubble Screen made by Fabbri. It fits perfectly on my 954RR, maybe they make them for the litre bikes.

Hot boddies looks nice, there are also ones with like a added spoiler on top - supposed to give you better aero-dynamics...

·
Banned
58 Posts
i have a zero gravity dark smoke, which i love, that i used the OEM plastic screws and rubber gromets. the other day i was going over my bike making sure everything was tightened down and ended up spanning a few of them. i guess the point of my ramble is get extra hardwear, or better yet dont over torque them, its easy to do

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Ended up spanning a few of them. i guess the point of my ramble is get extra hardwear, or better yet dont over torque them, its easy to do
I had the same problem and some even snapped off. I got them off and bought a set of aluminium ones, a cheap set but does the job. I was even supplied with gromits and washers, but i decided to use the original ones as they were already on the screen.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I had the same problem and some even snapped off. I got them off and bought a set of aluminium ones, a cheap set but does the job. I was even supplied with gromits and washers, but i decided to use the original ones as they were already on the screen.
did you buy the aluminium set online? if so where?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
did you buy the aluminium set online? if so where?
Hi,

I bought them from a show that i went to, but im sure the actual company will either be able to ship them out to you or tell you where you can purchase them from.

Motrax - ALUMINIUM WINDSCREEN SCREW KIT BLACK are for the aluminium

or

Motrax - TITANINIUM WINDSCREEN SCREW KIT
for titanium.

I hope that helps as they are a nice piece of kit. They do stick out abit but now sink in with the fairing bolts.

Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a Zero Gravity double bubble. Didn't like the look. Tinted.

Got a Sportech and like the black chrome.

So, if you like the ZG DB... let me know. I have one for sale. haha.

I hate to hear that these Sportechs are breaking easy. I live in Fl so the biggest things to hit it is... sand.

·
Registered
29 Posts
stock... because it FITS and you can actually see out of it. the reason sportech ones break so easily is because they fit like crap and are under tension when you finally get all the bolts in there. then it only takes the slightest impact to crack it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts