Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only sleep like 2 hours a night now, never used to be like that. I go to bed at 1 am and am awake for 2-3 hours before I finally fall asleep then am up at 6 am to watch the kids. But even if i didnt set my alarm for 6 I wake up at 430-5 wide awake.

I am going through alot of crap right now and am majorly depressed so I am wondering if depression and stress etc. can cause it? if anyone has it pm me or just reply in the thread if you have any insight to assist me. Thanks, Aric

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yes, stress.

Go ask your pharmacist about melatonin, and lay off the caffeine and booze in the evenings.

DON'T take sleeping pills.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
stegen said:
II am wondering if depression and stress etc. can cause it?
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Further to what LTL said...Exercise every day (cardio, preferably), which will cause physical exhaustion, enabling sleep to come more easily.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Pete said:
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Further to what LTL said...Exercise every day (cardio, preferably), which will cause physical exhaustion, enabling sleep to come more easily.
That's what I was going to suggest. Take up running, and check out St. John's Wort.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete said:
And whack off right before bedtime. Oh wait, I forgot I was talking to the Whack Master. :smilebig:
I am up to 3 times a day. :) I am so lonely.:( anyway. I am worried about taking anything that will put me to sleep medicaly because I am scared that i will take it at the wrong time and sleep while the kids are awake.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete said:
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I am starting a new diet today, mainly just trying to eat healthier. I suppose I could put exercise in that equation somewhere.

Now, where is the double stroller!:thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeah...man if you do, you have some serious work in front of you. Time to live closer to the 'rents

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I like the exercise and no caffiene inputs. Also consider a trip to the Dr for expert recommendations (tell him up front you want zero medication).

Sorry other than that I can't be of much help since I could sleep on a cold rock after 3 Mt Dews

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Pete said:
Yeah, my point was that he needs a helping hand.
Yep. Single parenting is something I find hard to even imagine.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts