Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what... today I go down to the shed, start the 954 up let it warm up for a while then decide to check out the oil level after the oil change I did right before storage. I had used mobil 1 prior to this change and went back to the original ng4 for this one.

I look in the little glass only to see some milky stuff on the oil and the little glass is all dirty from the inside

What the fuck happened?

1- I did start the bike around 5 times this winter.

2- A couple of attempts of starting the bike didn't work, had to recharge the battery, could that have sent some gas into the oil?

3- the change from synthetic to mineral made that mess.

4- neither.

5- just put some gas all over the thing and light it

Is there someting you can use to clean the inside of the engine btw oil change?

BTW the little glass didn't come out perfectly clean after the oil change I did tonight

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
My best guess is you wound up with some condensation in the oil during the cold winter startups. This showed up as froth or milkiness in your sight glass. This is a good reason not to periodically start your bike during the off season. Once the hot engine cools down, condensation is prone to collect in places you don't want it.

Next year, do an oil and filter change in the fall, put some fuel conditioner in the tank, run the bike a short while to ensure the treated gas gets through the injection system, plug the machine into a Battery Tender Jr., put it up on front and rear stands, cover it with a breathable cover like my Roadgear Hibernator then forget about it until spring.

:twocents:

Btw, I'd not worry too much about this little faux pas with the oil and whatnot. I'm sure your bike will be fine. Now go out and enjoy a long, worry free ride. Then come home and wash your hands 20 times. :rasp:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
First guess might be that your winter warmups have caused some condensation to form. That and possibly the mixing of the leftover synth with the dino. It's better for your bike not to start it over the winter unless you can ride it long enough to thoroughly warm it up. Running the engine without thoroughly getting it up to temperature just lets the acids accumulate while the bike sits in storage.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How the hell am I supposed to survive a several months without hearing her run :whine: Ok got it me bad :mad:
Red Rider said:
First guess might be that your winter warmups have caused some condensation to form. That and possibly the mixing of the leftover synth with the dino. It's better for your bike not to start it over the winter unless you can ride it long enough to thoroughly warm it up. Running the engine without thoroughly getting it up to temperature just lets the acids accumulate while the bike sits in storage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That happend to my gixxer 750 when I stored it in the shed for the winter,It's condensation in the motor that comes from the temp. changes during the winter.

Take the bike for a good ride and then change the oil again,The milky glass will be gone

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D Thanks guys I really feel better now I will stop washing my hands now :D
Dio said:
That happend to my gixxer 750 when I stored it in the shed for the winter,It's condensation in the motor that comes from the temp. changes during the winter.

Take the bike for a good ride and then change the oil again,The milky glass will be gone

·
Registered
819 Posts
Take it for a ride and beat the piss out of it. :cool:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you say I have to then I will have to do it... :evilaugh:
davef said:
Take it for a ride and beat the piss out of it. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts