Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seller is asking $1,500 and says it will need a carb clean and has "some aftermarket parts"

From my research, those colors are actually 99 colors, correct me if I'm wrong - I just don't want chinese fairings.
And the frame should be silver with black wheels.

Thoughts? Worth a low ball or just pass altogether?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,046 Posts
Is there an ad, maybe with more pics? The gold calipers aren't right (should be silver) and the frame and swing arm should def be silver. I would like to see more detailed pics. Does the head stock have the VIN still stamped in it? Seems like a Frankenstein. Even then, 1500$ sounds like a pretty good deal. Toss up I guess.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,046 Posts
Mmmmmmmm, I would have to hear it run, ride it, and then low ball him. Loose tail? WTF does that mean? If it's not that close to you I would probably pass.

·
Registered
596 Posts
the pipe isn't stock either. my 99 is that color, not sure if it is a 99 only scheme though. on mine, the fairings and rear seat are missing a few screws so when i hit bumps it rattles a bit, i can also hear the seat moving against the latch, maybe that's what he means.

·
Registered
220 Posts
dude its $1500 even if they are aftermarket wings, oh well .if you were buying a bike for lets say over $5000 then id say look into to it more. as long as engine is good, frame straight, and forks straight it worth every penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts