Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nice!

...I'd consider blacking out the canister straps, they just seem a little bright s'all

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete : Looks frickin' killer, SMTB!

Have you replaced the rear cowl bungee bolts with something else?  If so, what?
so far pete, I re-used the plastic JUNK things.... On the 929 I used plug type plastic things, like those ones you find on the inside of door pannals. I have the tool for removing them, so it made sence. Not too sure what I am going to use this time...maybe the same thing. I did go down to the hardware store in town and get plastic bolts with stainless nuts and thread lock for the bottom of the farings....man I hate the stock Honda screw push things.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
SMTB, I think you misunderstood what bolts I was asking about. Let me clarify; I'm asking about the 'frankenbolts' on either side the tail section, that you'd use to strap down a tail bag or the like. You know, the ones that are liable to split your knee cap in two when you're climbing aboard.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Pete : SMTB, I think you misunderstood what bolts I was asking about.  Let me clarify; I'm asking about the 'frankenbolts' on either side the tail section, that you'd use to strap down a tail bag or the like.  You know, the ones that are liable to split your knee cap in two when you're climbing aboard.

Sorry for the confusion.
Pete, do you know the 2 bolts (phillips) right underneath the seat to take the cowl off? Just order 2 of those, get the part # off Ron Ayers, those bolts work great and mount flush.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys/girls for all the kind words!!!!!!

I am so happy I got them! Man, they bark! When I first started it, it blew me away! I was in the garage with the door open, so I think that even added to it!!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pete : SMTB, I think you misunderstood what bolts I was asking about.  Let me clarify; I'm asking about the 'frankenbolts' on either side the tail section, that you'd use to strap down a tail bag or the like.  You know, the ones that are liable to split your knee cap in two when you're climbing aboard.

Sorry for the confusion.
still using the frankenbolts! LOLOLOL! thats a great name for them!

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Booth, yeah, I know those. So they fit without enlarging the hole in the plastic? I ask because I thought those bolts had the same dimensions as some similar ones that I had left over from the VFR (allen head), but the non-threaded part under the head has a diameter larger than that of the hole in the plastic. Same goes for two XX fairing bolts that I bought last week for the same purpose.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
They fit fine on mine.  I think I sanded the hole in the cowl a little to give it some extra room.  It's not like you are going to see inside of it anyway.

Edit: Where is the pic of your bike, Pete, with the Low Akras on there? Full system or slips?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
If you don't have the coordination to lift your leg over the bike, maybe you should look into one of these:

Gator

1 - 20 of 55 Posts