Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got her a new coat of paint. I thought the yellow looked good but just wasn't me. This new color sure is though.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Sorry idk how to make the pictures bigger.
Normaly just click on it, but a I had trouble too. It took a very long time to go big. And I dont know how to rotate all those sideways pics.

But that black is SO much better looking. Yellow is visible, but needs just the right graphics to work for me.

Good Job :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yea I figured you cant go wrong all black. I would like to eventually start getting black accent peices such as rear pegs and stuff. Thanks for comments.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
such as rear pegs and stuff.
I have no idea why Honda went ahead with a black frame, engine, swing arm, and even forks, then didn't bother with the rear sets, and shift linkage. Cheap bastards.:rant:They may has well been bright orange, it would have been just as awful looking.

Nice looking bike by the way.:thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yea I have to agree. Now i gota spend more money,maybe thats their method. And the new ones don't even have black frames now. Thanks I would love to be content with it and stop putting money into it but that would never do.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I went with the poor mans route, I powder coated them. I ran into a problem with the shift linkage, the boot on the ball joint can't take the heat process, so I went with flat black rustoleum engine paint (I didn't know how much heat they get) from Wal mart on the linkage. I lucked out it all matched perfectly, all for under 50 bucks. Passenger sets also, which never were installed.

Only problem is at about 8 thousand miles the heal guards had spots wear through where the boots rub on them. This winter the powder coater says he can put an other coat on the guards and put a clear coat on top of it all that he says should last forever, but will have a bit of a glossy look.

On a side note, the powder coater has been trying to talk me into getting this "speckled" finish done. I pick a base color then a second color or even a metallic color "looks like colored glitter" speckled in it. It looks absolutely awesome but the whole reason I coated them is so they didn't stand out so I don't think I am going to do it, but every time I see it my wheels come to mind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I bet that looks good. I dont know anyone who powder coats. I want to look into that cause 50 bucks aint bad for all that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. I really want the carbon yoshi pipe for it i think it would look great. But dont have the extra grand to throw on an exhaust when it already sounds good. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts