Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just want some feedback on what people use to get that showroom shine back on there bike? at the moment i only use wd40 and meguiars crystal polish i don't wet wash as no need with the wd40 thanks in advance

·
Registered
399 Posts
A lot of the shops round my way use Pledge furiture polish which is high in silicon but i use Auto Glym dark colours polish and STP son of a gun for the plastics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This may sound silly but I use the Mr.Clean car wash system lol in a box then I top it off with a nice layer of Honda polish . My bikes always look spotless

·
Registered
833 Posts
Normally I just use some of Meguiar's automotive soap and a sponge and water. Which I find hilarious because I have an entire cabinet full of stuff like different types of polishes and waxes and detailing sprays along with enough microfiber cloths to clean an entire car lot....but somehow I never ever use any of the stuff on the bikes, just the car. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wash with car wash shampoo.

Wheels - WD40

Everything else - MER. I think it's the best wax I have ever used. Having the white bike, I generally wash and polish it after every reasonable ride over 50 miles. :eek:

·
Registered
154 Posts
A lot of the shops round my way use Pledge furiture polish which is high in silicon but i use Auto Glym dark colours polish and STP son of a gun for the plastics.
I found out one day why they use pledge on some bike's plastics. I pulled up to a gas stop in the middle of butthole nowhere and the guy who is pumping fuel says to me do you want me to clean your visor? I look at him strange but figure, why not it is already scratched what harm can he do? Well he pulls out the pledge and gives her a shot before I can say stop. He wipes her clean and hands it back to me. I asked him why he uses pledge for visors. He said he used to work in the aeronautics division at some fancy company and the pledge was applied to the planes to keep the bugs and such off of them. He does it for all the bikers who ride through the area as it is a well known road in Canada for good curves.

Well I didn't believe him till I continued on my merry way and low and behold not a single insect stuck to my visor from then on for the rest of my trip:smilebig: It works great on plastics too for the same effect. Just a story I felt like sharing today!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
After i,ve washed her i,ll either use mer straight on the wet bike no need to wipe water off if you dont want to you can use on wet or dry paint work even on hot days does,nt matter if it dries you just polish off to a great shine . The other way i do it is wash dry water off then use mr sheen gives it a great shine to you just have to be prepared for the ear ache off the missus you know the one that,s not for that bloody bike :lol: :evilaugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Washing up liquid and hot water, a quick ride to get it dry, then plastics polished with any old furniture polish I can find. Mr Sheen, Pledge, makes no difference to me. Wheels wiped with WD40, all aluminium polished with Solvol Autosol, then a quick wipe with WD40...
I know....shouldn't use washing up liquid, solvol too abrasive etc etc. But thats how i've been cleaning my bikes since 1976.
Martin

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use what use to be Honda polish but Honda droped it due to it was in an arisol can. The original makers still sell it though. It's the same stuff with out the Honda name. I use it on everyrhing but the seat's includung my helmet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ProtectAll works on the whole bike and once you use it the next cleaning is easier. I have been using it for 2 years and it keeps things nice and simple. I got it from Iron Pony for I think $10. a can.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It makes the tires nice and shiny....................and much easier to get your knee down followed by the other knee and then your whole body. hee.

I think that wd40 must be high in silicon so makes everything nice and shiny also much easier to get excess chain oil off the rims.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wd40 is legendary when it comes to bike cleaning even more so if you have a naked spray it all over the engine then soft brush all the **** off good as new and everything is lubricated!
on your blade just put a bit on a rag and rub the fairing boltheads to stop em going crappy as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts