Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some yellow vinyl to stick on my race bike for my number plate but the stuff is so thin that it creases on itself and is impossible to keep flat. The guy that owned the bike before me used contact paper but I have no clue where to find yellow contact paper. Not a popular color I guess. I looked all over. Only thing I can think of is to cut out a template and paint it on the bike. That or yellow electrical tape...yuck. Anyone have any ideas?

-Shrub
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,711 Posts
I used yellow vinyl last year but it's impossible to get all the bubbles and creases out with the rounded surface. This year my numberplates are painted. I doubt if contact paper would be much better than vinyl. :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
Yellow duct tape.
Sure, it's ugly. But that's just the ticket to keep you going to all of your scheduled races. You'll be pulling off the yellow in no time. Then you can get serious about having the plastic painted white.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nedro said:
Yellow duct tape.
Sure, it's ugly. But that's just the ticket to keep you going to all of your scheduled races. You'll be pulling off the yellow in no time. Then you can get serious about having the plastic painted white.

Perhaps you are right. I guess then if you crash you already have the fairings taped up too.... :D

I would think yellow electrical tape would look better than duct tape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RRWANTR said:
The yellow duct tape actually looks ok from 10 ft..=)
I don't know why I am concerned with looks. I have a shaker can paint job and a used e-bay tank with graffiti keyed into it. I'm sure that will be fine.

-Shrub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Just mask off and rattle can on yellow if you already painted it that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
luvtolean said:
Just mask off and rattle can on yellow if you already painted it that way.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing. I have a can of yellow already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eeeeek said:
I actually have to run a yellow plate in AFM for one race, so I need to cover up my pretty, white painted plates. I'm thinking Yellow Racer's tape.

Are you going to be at Buttonwillow?
I hope so. Hotel is booked, faxed my pre-entry for the racer school, 650 twins race, and transponder money but I haven't seen anything on the web site about who has been pre-registered for the event and school. They have said that they will update the list a couple times a week but I don't see a list at all unless I am looking at the wrong part of the page. Perhaps the list isn't up yet?

-Shrub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
eeeeek said:
I actually have to run a yellow plate in AFM for one race, so I need to cover up my pretty, white painted plates. I'm thinking Yellow Racer's tape.

Are you going to be at Buttonwillow?
I used to do that as I had different numbers for AFM and CCS in 2001. It looks like hell but works.
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,596 Posts
luvtolean said:
I used to do that as I had different numbers for AFM and CCS in 2001. It looks like hell but works.
Sweet pic LTL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Red Rider said:
Sweet pic LTL!
Why thank you. :) That is turn 2 at Laguna. Those scuffs on my leathers were from crashing in that very spot.

Here's one the next year, to stay on topic, I used the LP vinyl backing which I liked, but I shoulda painted instead. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
luvtolean said:
Why thank you. :) That is turn 2 at Laguna. Those scuffs on my leathers were from crashing in that very spot.

Here's one the next year, to stay on topic, I used the LP vinyl backing which I liked, but I shoulda painted instead. ;)
That an F4i? I can barely make out ram air ducts. Lookin good though.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top