Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trailering your bike. The canyon dancer method seems to destroy grips and was wondering if anyone had better ideas?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Soft straps are all you need!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvtolean said:
Soft straps are all you need!
Soft straps? Do you mean not securing it so tight or there is actually a product called soft straps?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Naw, "soft straps", "soft hooks" whateva.

Basically, they're just nylon webbing with loops on either end and you wrap them around whatever you're tying down (like the triples and subframe) instead of using the hooks on the tie downs and you're done.

I've got some killer tie downs called D-Straps. They have carabiners on the ends, and a soft hook built into one of the ends. His website is total garbage, not even one pic of his product(a friend told me it's because he's trying to patent them or something), but they are the best tie downs I've ever seen. No need for soft hooks!

http://www.dstraps.com/

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Red Rider said:
An alternative to the Canyon Dancers is the Cycle Cinch. I use Strapless Transport Stands instead of tiedowns.
How do you get the bike into the Strapless stands? It looks to narrow to roll the bike through them. I'm also guessing I'd have to bolt it to the bed of my truck?

HD

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
How do you get the bike into the Strapless stands? It looks to narrow to roll the bike through them. I'm also guessing I'd have to bolt it to the bed of my truck?

HD
You insert the axle rod and than back the bike into the stand.

Pic

You do have to bolt the two mounting strips.

Pic

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
So Red Rider what is the opinion now that time has passed on the Cycle Cinch? I looked at some Saturday and the looked interesting. Canyon Dancers are really annoying me and I am to slow to figure a method to go off the triples :O

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
It's a track bike, throw it on the floor of the trailer and go.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
So Red Rider what is the opinion now that time has passed on the Cycle Cinch? I looked at some Saturday and the looked interesting. Canyon Dancers are really annoying me and I am to slow to figure a method to go off the triples :O
Sheep, I never have used the Cycle Cinch. I bought the Strapless Transport Stands...nothing else needed. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
An alternative to the Canyon Dancers is the Cycle Cinch. I use Strapless Transport Stands instead of tiedowns.
Those stands look very interesting. You haven't noticed any damage to the axle using those? How much do you trailer your bike with those?

Anyone know where I can get a hollow axle to replace the stock axle on my wife's 03 SV650S?

I need something new, the canyon dancers are only making me angry.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Not sure if LTL would agree anymore...
Yeah, bolt that bitch down and use 2 if you're feeling lucky...or don't bolt and use 4...at least. :smilebig:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Those stands look very interesting. You haven't noticed any damage to the axle using those? How much do you trailer your bike with those?

Anyone know where I can get a hollow axle to replace the stock axle on my wife's 03 SV650S?

I need something new, the canyon dancers are only making me angry.
I've got two of them and have been using them to transport two 929's since last year(10-12 track days and about 3000 miles). They work great, especially after a long day at the track and being too tired to mess with tiedowns. Only downside is the cost...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts