Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my first motorcycle about 9 months ago (I know, I know. Not much experience compared to 99.9% of you guys, but better late than never) I went out and picked up a cheap no-name (zox) helmet and a cheap textile scorpion jacket and a pair of axo gloves for my gear. Since upgrading to a better bike and I upgraded to better gear this past week.

My question is what do you guys wear, for both street and track?

my gear:
Icon Domain 2 Serpecant helmet
Scorpion Stinger perforated leather jacket
axo gloves (dont remember the model, nothing special though)
alpinestars one-o-one riding shoes
I'm looking into maybe picking up dragginjeans but have read mixed reviews and may just pick up a set of slim knee/shin pads to slip underneath my normal jeans

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Scorpion exo 700 helmet
Teknic Xcelerator gloves
Street:
HJC ieather jacket from 99, still wear it
Seven or Diesel jeans, and a pair of Converse(I ride a gsxr:smilebig:)

Track:
Astars smx boots
Teknic one piece for the track that there is almost nothing left of(also from 99, wore it up until last year, now shopping/ replacing prob Astars)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Well probabably 90% of my riding is either canyons or track I have a custom fitted Pilot one piece, A-stars gloves, SiDi vertigo corsa boots and shoei rf1100 or agv or arai or suomi helmet also have a bell but its pretty cheap quality and don't wear it at all. But it has cool gtafix

And for the rest of the time I wear a pair of c.e. Armored jeans I got at cycle gear I like them better tan the dragging jeans, A-stars street boots, A-stars gloves shorties and leather jacket if its too hot textile but I try to cope with the heat and go for the protenction most of the time.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And for the rest of the time I wear a pair of c.e. Armored jeans I got at cycle gear I like them better tan the dragging jeans, A-stars street boots, A-stars gloves shorties and leather jacket if its too hot textile but I try to cope with the heat and go for the protenction most of the time.
Yeah, I wish more companies made tall sizes. So far draggin jeans is the only brand that makes 36x36 that I've seen so far :idunno:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Helmet.. Depends on what I want to wear!

A nice shoei, just a few years old but in good condition.
or one of my two Arais.

Leathers, well won an OCC riding jacket in a raffle so I wear that for the most part.
Its just plain black with a small OCC emblem on the left breast.

I have a 2peice suit that I got for free 6 months ago, cant remember the brand but its good enough for a crash!

Gloves.. Well I normally wear motocross gloves, terrible against pavement I know..
Thats one of my upgrades come spring time. Some good gloves.

Boots, Dont have any riding boots. Generally wear normal shoes, again not great with pavement but thats all right.
Pick up some boots this spring at the same time of the gloves.

·
Registered
144 Posts
on the road and track i wear dainese 2 piece leathers with astars gp gloves and sidi boots
seen someone go down the road in jeans! not a pretty sight!

·
Registered
394 Posts
HJC Apex CL helmets, three of these
Speed leather jacket, old and very comfortable
A-Stars textile jacket with removable armour
Speed and strength 'hell 'n back' textile pants, two pairs
A-stars SMX5 boots
Vega touring boots
Vega Merge boots
A-stars gloves, three pairs
Joe Rocket gloves
Icon cold weather gore-tex gloves
Tour Master rain gear.

·
Registered
246 Posts
A ten year old Joe Rocket leather (in great shape) I don't wear textile jackets (nothing against them just a preference)
HJC helmet... Alpinestar gloves... Sidi boots... jeans. I only ride on the road.

·
Registered
46 Posts
  • I got an Icon Hooligan 2 Etched Jacket for Summer/Fall.
  • Icon Airframe Predator Helmet
  • Usually rock my Alpinestars Axiom Denim Pants, they look good comfortable to wear around on/off the bike.
  • Timbs, Probably invest in some boots this season. But sometimes I squid it up with some sneakers.:rotfl:
  • and I some Icon Gloves.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
HJC-IS-16 helmet with sun visor :cool:
A-star full length gloves or Teknic kevlar FL gloves
Joe Rocket Alter-ego textile jacket & pants
One of 4 old leather jackets (biker grade, too heavy for scorching summer)
Sidi boots for track

New MX/Enduro?? boots for street tomorrow :smilebig:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
HJC-IS-16 helmet with sun visor :cool:
A-star full length gloves or Teknic kevlar FL gloves
Joe Rocket Alter-ego textile jacket & pants
One of 4 old leather jackets (biker grade, too heavy for scorching summer)
Sidi boots for track

New MX/Enduro?? boots for street tomorrow :smilebig:
:wstupid:

:hi::deal:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
:wstupid:

:hi::deal:
:rotfl::rotfl:
You better change that sign, sweet cheeks, or I'll slap ya with my mensa card!
Okay, I've posted some dumb questions lately...:rolleyes: but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, eh? I'll get an avatar pic with my new boots on for you tomorrow night.
3 hr drive at 6 am tomorrow :thumbd:
but to the gear store..:thumb:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Haha nice, I got lucky that the helmet center is 10 minutes from me and has as good of prices as anywhere on the web
ooh, lucky dog!
There's two regular bike shops here (some custom bike places - no gear) and one carries Harley gear - nice but not my style and the other carries just a few samples of a few brands- regular sizes in mens and only the rubbery-welly style. One MX boot but only large mens. Didn't see any large youth (size 38) or smaller men's or any women's. :crying:

The place I'm going has a wall of footwear!!! Like a kid in a candy store and all last year's gear is half price :clap::clap:

And it's not really 3 hrs just for the boots, I'm taking a short detour from my regular monthly reno job. The gear stop only adds abut 1/2 hour. But for those prices, I may have to buy some other goodies too!

It's like Christmas! Hope I can sleep tonight.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:
You better change that sign, sweet cheeks, or I'll slap ya with my mensa card!
Okay, I've posted some dumb questions lately...:rolleyes: but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, eh? I'll get an avatar pic with my new boots on for you tomorrow night.
3 hr drive at 6 am tomorrow :thumbd:
but to the gear store..:thumb:

My cheeks are sweet arent they! :rotfl:
I am only buggin yeah! I am never one to ask questions, so ask away!! That way I dont need to :eyebrows:
Ahh I will be on tomorrow night at this time :evilaugh:

I live pretty close to my store! I get thee best prices anywhere..

·
Registered
23 Posts
HJC Samurai Helmet.
Sidi Vortice Air Boots (Long Journeys)
Speed Bikers Short Boots (Around Town)
AlpineStars Stormwind Jacket.
Scoyoco Gloves
Diesel Jeans (looking for good set of riding pants atm)

Happy with all my riding gear just need to get sorted with some good pants.

Also still looking for Tank Bag and small bag.

Been looking at AlpineStars Bags and also as im in Thailand been looking at the Tank Bags Honda have for smaller CBR.

·
Registered
445 Posts
sadly i wear very little protective clothing... helmet and work uniform... have been doing so for many years.

first 10yrs i wore a 2 piece suit after a crash, since then, bike control is better and unfortunately i overheat too easily which gives a negative effect on control (aus).

but still alive, with all limbs. but i don't work during normal hours, so i ride mostly when the streets are empty, if i was to ride somewhere on the highway i'd suit up for it.

but to work and back i don't bother anymore...

1 - 20 of 322 Posts