Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't find a thread like this.
We have a thread like this on ClubFrontier.org and its the longest thread.
I'll start:

Changed my oil with 3 quarts of Lucas 10w-40 semi-syn, topped off with Lucas oil stabilizer and a Mobil1 filter.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Walked past it and thought, "It's Friday". I wonder if the battery has enough charge for tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
new yoke with risers, new levers, renthal bars, and a wobbly trip down the road as i got used to the new position

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
today? not much. i did notice its time for yet another new rear tire and the chain could use some cleaning when i walked past it in the pole barn as i was doing the oil, oil filter, and air filter on my cub cadet lt1050.

i did put on a honda wing t-shirt today tho..... its black with white wings. officially licensed........... XL

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
After 4 years, and a whole bunch of other mods, I finally got around to doing the PAIR mod yesterday. And I rearranged my tiny trunk area to carry OEM toolbag with some extra tools, small hand air pump, CO2 air cartridges, tire plug kit, air gauge and infrared temp sensor. And the nice thing is, I still have room for a water bottle, and a change of clothes. :)

And I ordered a set of Bridgestone Rs10's. Gunna stuff a 200/55 on the back. :nod:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finished re-assembling from tearing down to swap a broken shift drum. Figured out a decent way to bleed the brakes, new plugs and oil filter, and new chain and sprockets. Rode her for a few minutes to find out that tomorrow I'll be rebuilding the forks as one is leaking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used my new MotionPro chain alignment tool and realized that my axle was installed from the wrong side IAW the FSM.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rode in the rain to the pharmacy on base and ignition got wet.
Since I avoid the rain, never realized I have an issue with exposed wiring.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Put a new set of Q 3's on the bike and rode um in the canyons to scrub um in. Yes, they stick really good. Thanks for asking. And no it doesn't take 100 miles to break um in. You just have to know what you are doing.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Put a new front and rear on Zed. Pirelli Supa Corsa front and Rosso II rear. Just got to wait for the weather to clear to scrub them in now.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Put a new front and rear on Zed. Pirelli Supa Corsa front and Rosso II rear. Just got to wait for the weather to clear to scrub them in now.
Nice! I always love new tires. Let us know what you think of them after a bit of riding.

I just put some new tires on a couple weeks ago too. I went with a 200/55 for the rear - always looking for that bigger contact patch. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After removing the ignition and inspection it, the #1 plug boot has high resistance.
Applied silicone grease and it runs fine now. I'll order new boots and wires when we get settled in Hawaii.
Replaced the fuel line and discovered that bar ends of different weights reduce the vibes significantly.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Nice! I always love new tires. Let us know what you think of them after a bit of riding.

I just put some new tires on a couple weeks ago too. I went with a 200/55 for the rear - always looking for that bigger contact patch. :eyebrows:
This is the third set of Pirelli's I've put on Zed Jon. I could have used Michelin and saved a few dollars but better the devil you know aye. I have thought about putting a 200 on but I think it would foul the hugger big time as the 190/55 rubs a bit at high speed.
Is this the first 200 you've fitted? Let me know what you think mate.

1 - 20 of 751 Posts