Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

201 - 220 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
not as sweet as Kevin's purchase, but NO WAY I could pass on this price They're not my choice of compound, brand, nor pattern... but with what little that bike will be ridden over the next couple of years, I think it a sound investment.

You might want to check the date stamp on those babies when you get 'em. That IS a blowout price, but I'm guessing they're 2 or 3 years old...
For me, that would be ok for a bike I ride mildly or occasionally. Like my GL 1000. But for a more demanding tire, I try to get rubber that the date stamp is less than 52 weeks old. I started buying tires from Moto Mummy and when I talk to the order guy on the phone, I ask him about date stamps on the tires I'm ordering. He'll say he can't really control that, but the tires they send me are always less than a year old.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Lovely morning here today, Off work today so out around the Cotswolds with Mrs F this morning and decided to pull the bikes out this afternoon and do some cleaning and fiddling around, first time in 4 weeks

The bikes are looking good! I'm jealous though, all my totes are blue and green, where can I get pink ones, LOL! :poke: Do love your neighborhood and driveway though!

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Hi boys! After 2 months i finished my 954 and test it today!

wow! :inlove: have not seen that combo on a 954 before :clap:

You might want to check the date stamp on those babies when you get 'em. That IS a blowout price, but I'm guessing they're 2 or 3 years old...
For me, that would be ok for a bike I ride mildly or occasionally. Like my GL 1000. But for a more demanding tire, I try to get rubber that the date stamp is less than 52 weeks old. I started buying tires from Moto Mummy and when I talk to the order guy on the phone, I ask him about date stamps on the tires I'm ordering. He'll say he can't really control that, but the tires they send me are always less than a year old.
thanks Jon :cheers: first thing I checked upon arrival :thumb: I appreciate your concern. Front is less than 6 months old, but rear is nearly a year. Should be okay ;)

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
wow! :inlove: have not seen that combo on a 954 before :clap:

thanks Jon :cheers: first thing I checked upon arrival :thumb: I appreciate your concern. Front is less than 6 months old, but rear is nearly a year. Should be okay ;)
That would be just dandy for me too. Good score man. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a gas tank, clutch and brake lever, front and rear stand, fairing bolt hardware kit, and a 520 chain kit with steel sprockets. Hoping it gets here ASAP so I can get to wrenching on it.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
LIKE :thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I woke my guy up after a LEO-forced one month hibernation.
Took him out for a ride to get some of the rust off the disks, and blast some fresh fuel through the pipes.....
God, I love the Autobahn!

·
Super Moderator
14,700 Posts
Brushed a cobweb off the rear tyre.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
fresh air.
got the rubber installed on some OEM rims, began reassembly of my RR2, and scrubbed some of the heavier oxidation off the poorly polished frame :hmm:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
i did swap out the winter air for fresh spring air the other day....

plus picked up some new summer gear. my old icon jacket started looking pretty dated after 2 1/2 years and one wicked get off. my joe rocket gloves were holding well except the velcro strap on the right glove had lost all its velcro type qualities and wouldnt stay stuck!

not to mention ive lost 47lbs in the last 6 months!!! 20lbs to go till my 5'10" healthy weight of 180lbs.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^ Nice work Kevin! always like hearing about people who have committed to being healthier. You've just dropped the equivalent of 3 bowling balls! You must feel SO much better when you get up every day.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
fresh ebc HH pads on the rear. i use carbone lorraine xbk5's up front because i feel like they are a superior pad paticularly where fade is concerned. however, on the rear i find the ebc pads adequate.

about a 20 minute job with ten minutes of that being cleaning the caliper. it was a good chance to break in a few of the 500$ worth of craftsman tools i recently bought. hopefully ill be able to keep track of the 10mm wrenches n sockets from this set!!! im convinced ive got tool gnomes that favor 10mm tools sneaking out at night n stealing mine.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Did some work on "Johnny5" (the 600RR project), but also put 5-6 coats of plasti-dip on a red undertail to mount up on my silver RR2. Halfway done:

Hope to have it reassembled and rideable by Tuesday morning.

Happy Memorial Day :patriot:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Also bought a couple of (second hand) leather jackets... always been a fan of Kawasaki green, but had to debadge the one.

201 - 220 of 857 Posts