Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Steering bearings and stator cover gasket (for leak) last weekend. Engine oil, coolant and spark plugs yesterday. Iridium NGK's and new BMW branded Shell 5w40 full synthetic. Shell just found its way back into the U.S. Oil market for motorcycles through BMW. Other than acceptable Rotella there hasn't been "motorcycle" specific oil from Shell here in quite some time.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I went for some weight reduction over the weekend.. Started with wheels/tires, then forks/brakes, then the clutch line/fairnings...

It's pretty darn light at the moment!!!

Well I changed the tires, PP3 front PPR3 rear.
Rebuilding forks/ fresh fluid, replacing clutch line, cleaning brake pistons, etc etc...

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
I went for some weight reduction over the weekend.. Started with wheels/tires, then forks/brakes, then the clutch line/fairnings...

Rebuilding forks/ fresh fluid, replacing clutch line, cleaning brake pistons, etc etc...
Bwhahahaha. That's going to be a lot lighter but it's going to handle like sh!t.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,330 Posts

Probably not going to notice a big difference with such little weight taken off:rotfl:

Is that an HR214 is see disassembled there lurking in the background?? Probably the best Lawnmower Honda ever made.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Probably not going to notice a big difference with such little weight taken off:rotfl:

Is that an HR214 is see disassembled there lurking in the background?? Probably the best Lawnmower Honda ever made.
You know, I don't really know what model it is, but it's about 10-15 years old at least and it was awesome until it stopped running.
I was taking it apart to do plug and oil but I think I'm going to let a buddy finish it off and get her going. I know for a fact some jackass put 2-stroke fuel in there at one point..... :rant: :censored:

I loved the roto-stop feature, keep the motor running with the blades off. It's nice and stout, easy to use, pretty much perfect.
I loved it, just need to get her back to running!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

·
7,330 Posts
I'll play, I cleaned my 900 today, then swapped all the main jets to 170's, and now I'll just sit here and wait for the trackday on the 31st...
Be waiting for the GoPro video from the 31st:thumb:

And today I got my 93 almost strung to the rafters to finally change out the triple clamp :eyebrows:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Go pro is already on the bike, should be fun. One of the guys in our group just got a new Aprilia RSV4, we'll need to keep him on suicide watch on the 1st.... :evilaugh:

Waiting on test ride results fromyou too. :patriot:

·
7,330 Posts
Go pro is already on the bike, should be fun. One of the guys in our group just got a new Aprilia RSV4, we'll need to keep him on suicide watch on the 1st.... :evilaugh:

^^^^^:rotfl::rotfl:

Waiting on test ride results fromyou too. :patriot:
Slowly getting there, unfortunately reality has gotten in the way a bit. But still moving forward:

Trying to decide if I should get the forks redone now, while they're off and be out of commission for 3 weeks or so. It's a tough call, I want to ride the damn thing:D. I'm leaning towards getting them done now so the summer can be wrench free. Well, relatively wrench free;)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
put a new rear rp3 on and ordered a APE cct to hopefully help this high frequency vibration my 954 recently developed. should be here in a few days n ill fit that n hope for the best!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well I popped the pistons out and gave the brakes a good cleaning.
It's amazing, they actually work like they should now!?! It went from mild 1 finger braking to 2 finger mild braking.
No more dragging though.

I still have yet to get used to using two fingers, they loosened up a good bit.... :lickthey:

Tell you what though; new tires, rebuilt forks, and working brakes, etc., it's like I bought a brand new bike!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I looked in the box of all the smog/useless **** I took off the 1000 and had my self a laugh! :rotfl::smilebig:
Also recently installed glpro gear position indicator and removed the baffel out of my sbk can. Also got zbomb working correctly and adjusted my fuel map accordingly. I think it's dyno time now!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was lucky enough to score a genuine Honda solo tail cover here, so I painted it to match and added it to the bike today.

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
very nice :thumb:

Ian, that sh*tbox is STILL in pieces... :idunno: whaaa thaaa faaa :eek: :smilebig:

well... not tuhDAY, but I did put a new Pirelli Angel GT on the frrront, and FINALLY got Torqe655 to come off his highmount midpipe. picked up, polished, and mounted it yesssterday :shades:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Several days in a row I been putting my 79 wing back together. Getting a little excited as I get closer to her first start-up in at least 5 years.

21 - 40 of 674 Posts