Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 674 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,331 Posts
very nice :thumb:

Ian, that sh*tbox is STILL in pieces... :idunno: whaaa thaaa faaa :eek: :smilebig:

well... not tuhDAY, but I did put a new Pirelli Angel GT on the frrront, and FINALLY got Torqe655 to come off his highmount midpipe. picked up, polished, and mounted it yesssterday :shades:
Yeaaaaaaaaah Budddddddy! Check out the thread for the result:eyebrows:

And I'll give you a :plus1: on the high punt pipe. I've always loved the highmount, and the polish looks sAwEEt:thumb:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Yeaaaaaaaaah Budddddddy! Check out the thread for the result:eyebrows:

And I'll give you a :plus1: on the high punt pipe. I've always loved the highmount, and the polish looks sAwEEt:thumb:
*click... scroll... scroll... scroll...*

thanks Amigo! it's growing on me :shades:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Bike arrived today from San Diego.
Now I need to change the plug boots, wires, check cam clearance, synch carbs and then prep for Hawaii safety inspection.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Gave her a hug and wipe down... then hopped on my Shadow for a cruise =) Checked the spark plugs in the Shadow, cleaned them up a touch, and rode some more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
spinning off my introduction thread, got my 00" 929 just over a week ago. So far new front tire, change air filter, change oil_filter/oil, lube chain, and a ordered matching yellow/black helm. The oem rear fender was missing from previous owner leaving me with no light for the license plate, so have a 5 led strip ordered as well.

Last night was first night joined up and rode in a pack with others, we carved up the uptown area and outskirts of Charlotte, NC was a blast.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Sounds like a good time! I mostly just stopped riding with people, save a certain few, due to immature behavior that attracts attention from the wrong cars... the ones with blue lights on top...

I run without a plate light all the time and have never even been warned about it. I have been pulled over three different times in the last two years (always a warning) but have yet to have one officer comment about the lack of plate light.. so I leave it alone until it is brought up =)

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
changed the oil, filter, then reapplied the vacuum line to some sensor under the tank... 954 runs like a TOP now, and far betterer without a MIL code.

also added a Suzuki Intruder 1500 to our stable. picked it up for a SONG! changed plugs, air filter, oil & oil filter, then addressed a misbehaving fuel level gauge. NOW have a nice (properly working) cruiser bike to enjoy with m'lady, and the 954 for some solo throttle therapy when I suffer from Right Wrist Fever :cycle:

Attachments

·
7,331 Posts
Sounds like a good time! I mostly just stopped riding with people, save a certain few, due to immature behavior that attracts attention from the wrong cars... the ones with blue lights on top...

I run without a plate light all the time and have never even been warned about it. I have been pulled over three different times in the last two years (always a warning) but have yet to have one officer comment about the lack of plate light.. so I leave it alone until it is brought up =)
changed the oil, filter, then reapplied the vacuum line to some sensor under the tank... 954 runs like a TOP now, and far betterer without a MIL code.

also added a Suzuki Intruder 1500 to our stable. picked it up for a SONG! changed plugs, air filter, oil & oil filter, then addressed a misbehaving fuel level gauge. NOW have a nice (properly working) cruiser bike to enjoy with m'lady, and the 954 for some solo throttle therapy when I suffer from Right Wrist Fever :cycle:
You two are starting a trend with putting cruisers in your stable as "easy riders" :D

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
well... when ya got it ya got it! trrrend setter :shades:

I'm SOOO looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can throw a leg back over my 954 and scoot to work without her on the back... but it sure is nice on nights and weekends hearing, "um... is it okay if we take the bike...?" :) yes sweetie. yes we can. :inlove:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
i dont see why you need a cruiser AND a hindle exhaust thats not even bolted onto your bike? ; )

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
hahaha... 'cuz I'm still not 100% sold on this specific highmount yet, my friend. who is it with the sweet red/black 954 that drag races and has the Hindle highmount? for some reason, his seems to follow the contour of the tailsection juuust perfect. this'n is a bit off, and bugs me... ya know? ya look at internet images year after year after year, and hope one day YOUR bike looks just like someone else's X'd with some other guy's... ne'er satisfied :crap:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
im just giving you a hard way to go. : ) im not usually a fan of highmount exhaust but i think that one looks pretty good. well i guess if you ever decide to get rid of either let me know. im fairly happy with the sound the d&d makes but id like to find something different and switch them up now and then.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
thanks for the compliment... and you know I will, Amigo ;)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
which do you think sounds better? the hindle or the high mount? who makes the highmount? ive never seen one like it.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Hindle... BY FAR! and the carbonfibre is really nice since it doesn't get hot. I have no idea who manufactured the highmount I have... I assume it's "old" since the can is rrround. I've been looking through Google images, but haven't been able to pinpoint the angle, nor placement of the springloops to be able to identify it. AND the fact I can see right through the can, leads me to believe someone "tampered" with it to make it more UNquieter. I asked Jeff if he knew anything about it, and he just said that his 929 came with it. so... the search continues as the plot thickens :p

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Erm... wiped down my sexy Serenity (954) and tore the exhaust off of my dearest Trinity (VT1100C).... now I'm just waiting for the very-late UPS man to show up with my new exhaust and other various goodies....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Got it registered in Hawaii a few days ago.
Had to remove the HID and install reflector stickers.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
well... I don't like riding in the rain, and it seems as though that's all it's been doing here in New York State... so I purchased and installed some practical "saddlebags" on our 1500, and ordered up a set of (front) brakepads for the 954. if I can't be riding, might as well be WRENCHIN'.

Attachments

·
7,331 Posts
well... I don't like riding in the rain, and it seems as though that's all it's been doing here in New York State... so I purchased and installed some practical "saddlebags" on our 1500, and ordered up a set of (front) brakepads for the 954. if I can't be riding, might as well be WRENCHIN'.
Looks good Casey! And I'll second the no ride/must wrench sentiment, happens all to often for me though:rotfl: better get that 954 road worthy by the end of the month:eyebrows: INcoming communication.......

41 - 60 of 674 Posts