Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

681 - 700 of 751 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What have you done to/for your bike today?
Just looked at it because its too wet and the roads have been salted so as much as i WANT to go for a ride, the better part of me says no!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
^^^
Bummer for you.

All sun in West Mids today. Will have to go out on something! Later in the week is bad for us. :(

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
Took the tyre's off the rims, what a faffing job View attachment 106749 View attachment 106750
Bill, did you use rim protectors as well? I fight the machine at my dealer, can't imagine having to fight the floor, the rim, and the "spoons" as we call them (the tire irons).......strangely enough I have a set of OG HONDA spoons that we swore by during my tech days. They are awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
Bill, did you use rim protectors as well? I fight the machine at my dealer, can't imagine having to fight the floor, the rim, and the "spoons" as we call them (the tire irons).......strangely enough I have a set of OG HONDA spoons that we swore by during my tech days. They are awesome. View attachment 106754
No Ian , didn't use any , was hard enough trying to start the tyre off,dropped them off this afternoon for an Acid dip to get the paint off, will pick them up Monday, Both wheels dipped for £20 , cant argue with that,would have taken me weeks to clean them up, so happy days (y) ;)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
No Ian , didn't use any , was hard enough trying to start the tyre off,dropped them off this afternoon for an Acid dip to get the paint off, will pick them up Monday, Both wheels dipped for £20 , cant argue with that,would have taken me weeks to clean them up, so happy days (y) ;)
Are you going to put them back on yourself as well?

·
Registered
247 Posts
you think urethane paint holds up better than powder coat? i was considering spraying mine but i thought that wouldn't last as long now i may just have to. i was thinking white on the pure red pearl sc33

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
IMO You’re much better off having them wet painted, I personally don’t think powder coating works very well with wheels. It’s far too thick and can come off in lumps, plus they were wet painted at the factory.
Yes matey your right , when I got that 400rr powder coated it all looked very nice, but was a bitch putting it all together, I could even hear the powder coating "pinging" when I tightened up tha swing arm , and even chipped the wheels putting them it, will be a better job with the paint (y)

681 - 700 of 751 Posts