61 - 80 of 674 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
*kshhhht... 10-4 good buddy! :cycle: :cycle:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Put on these titanium shifter linkage my buddy made for me. I was going to make them my self out of aluminum but he had some extra titanium so what the hell rite?! I needed both to be a little longer than the ones that were on the bike. They were fine tell I moved my rear sets up and back. image.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
New sparkplugs,airfilter, going to change oil and oil filter, maybe change the cooling water also, just leaves to change brake fluid

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I put a Bridgestone RS10 on the rear of my rc51. 200/55.
For a couple months I never had a chance to go try it out in the canyons, just riding around town for about the first 300 miles.
Last Sunday I got to put a 297 mile ride thru my favorite canyon and mountain roads.
That tire freaking rocks!
It's not placebo either, I can feel better grip than my previous 190/55. If I remember right, it's advertised to have about 50% larger contact patch, and it stays flat rather than slightly cup in the middle (if that makes sense).
Whatever - all I know is this is my new tire! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
For a couple months I never had a chance to go try it out in the canyons, just riding around town for about the first 300 miles.
Last Sunday I got to put a 297 mile ride thru my favorite canyon and mountain roads.
It's not placebo either, I can feel better grip than my previous 190/55. If I remember right, it's advertised to have about 50% larger contact patch, and it stays flat rather than slightly cup in the middle (if that makes sense).

those are the oem tire on the new r1

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
REFRESH:
Took advantage of someone ordering the wrong pitch sprockets, and got them for cheap. Going to try a 15/47 (-1/+4) setup on my silver 954, and put the 15/45 (-1/+2) on The New Kid.

Since I haven't been able to find a decent stuntbike or project bike (locally) for a reasonable price, I may decide to have a little fun with a bike that's already "salvaged".

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts

I love those, they look like a hand cut slick

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I love those, they look like a hand cut slick
Thanks Gunk :)
I'm soooo sold on this tire for the way I ride and all the mountain/canyon roads in my region.
The only drawback is that the rear tire will wear just as fast as the S20 did. I ran that before switching to RS10. I get one season out of it, so I gotta buy once a year. I'm probably running low pressures that don't maximize the mileage, however, I have grip and confidence galore! So it's totally worth it for me.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
^^^ how many miles do you get to log in a year?

these came from HongKong. TNK got one too :shades:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Unslow: about 2000 - 2500 miles.
I can normally wipe the chicken strips clean off, but on this 200/55 I still have about 5mm's. That's all street tho. On a track they'd be gone in about three laps!
Can't say enough good things about this amazing tire!

I can't tell what you got there in the pics. Grips?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
nope. keyless fuel cap. (before & after)

wow. that's some aggressive riding (compared), but sticky is far more important than longevity when riding as you seem to. do you work a lot, or just not make it out much? when I lived in SoCal, we averaged 10-12K per year... but no one in my riding group had abilities (as teenagers) to use up 95% of our tires.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
You know, I couldn't find Waldo if my friggin life depended on it. Can't believe I missed that!
Nice work, looks great - now that I see it!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
nope. keyless fuel cap. (before & after)

wow. that's some aggressive riding (compared), but sticky is far more important than longevity when riding as you seem to. do you work a lot, or just not make it out much? when I lived in SoCal, we averaged 10-12K per year... but no one in my riding group had abilities (as teenagers) to use up 95% of our tires.
Being self employed for the last 27 years, summers can be hectically busy, so riding time sometimes has to be scheduled on my calendar to make it happen.
Other times, I might ride 2 or three times a week, then get busy again.
I've had my bike for just about 5 years now, it had 16K when I bought it. I'm up to 42K now. I've been thru 7 or 8 rear tires in that time. My Q2's would get me 3- 4K each. Michelin Power Pures were a little less. The S10 and RS20 wear faster, but I attribute that to running lower pressures, and I might be a little ham-fisted coming out of a turn. :evilaugh:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I understand... and thanks for "sharing". 26K in 5 years isn't so bad, especially if it's QUALITY riding. I assume there have been years that you've gone through 2 tires (or at least 1.5) yeah? I know it can be frustrating having to change rubber mid-season, but if it's due to good riding and logged miles, then it's worth it!

Last question, does the RC51 gobble-up tires more than an "RR"? Obviously surface, riding style, temperature, and rider WEIGHT are major factors... just curious is all.

Every year there are a couple clean 51's that pop up for sale locally... I fear that one day they'll disappear, and I'll have missed every opportunity to have one of my own for a decent price.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
You know, I couldn't find Waldo if my friggin life depended on it. Can't believe I missed that!
Nice work, looks great - now that I see it!

61 - 80 of 674 Posts