Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

821 - 840 of 851 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
Went through the FCR’s today. Phoned a chap in Michigan who deals with FCR’s and he gave me some very valuable information. 170 main, 52 pilot, 1.5 turns out on the air/fuel screw. OCEMP needle and wouldn’t you know it the mains in it were 160’s, the pilot was a 45 and the number 3 needle was fuqing bent. Numerous loose and not proper screws and no throttle stop screw/adjuster. Well, it’s no wonder the guy I bought them from said he could never get them running right!!

A few quid later and a parts order was placed to rectify most of the issues. Another will have to be placed once some of you Venmo me some funds 😂

These things are a PITA, as well as having expensive parts. Could very well be a 2 year project👎🏻.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Renewed my insurance, although part of a 2 bike policy I did think this a good price for fully comprehensive cover on a ‘Blade!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Went through the FCR’s today. Phoned a chap in Michigan who deals with FCR’s and he gave me some very valuable information. 170 main, 52 pilot, 1.5 turns out on the air/fuel screw. OCEMP needle and wouldn’t you know it the mains in it were 160’s, the pilot was a 45 and the number 3 needle was fuqing bent. Numerous loose and not proper screws and no throttle stop screw/adjuster. Well, it’s no wonder the guy I bought them from said he could never get them running right!!

A few quid later and a parts order was placed to rectify most of the issues. Another will have to be placed once some of you Venmo me some funds 😂

These things are a PITA, as well as having expensive parts. Could very well be a 2 year project👎🏻.
View attachment 107529
View attachment 107530
View attachment 107531
Do you work for MegaSquirt? Fuel injection looks better everyday:whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
. . . Fuel injection looks better everyday:whistle:
Speaking of fuel injection, I got the big burner out today for a blast before the insect invasion. Did a bit of sprucing up when I got home. Also demonstrating the downpipes and swing arm 'clean test'.

Bit of an explanation about my frequent pics too. It provides a dated record of condition for if we were ever to make an insurance claim, condition versus price is a factor with many companies. Especially with our older bikes whose value far exceeds that of the industry 'book value'.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
As our restrictions have been eased slightly and the weather was so good yesterday, I got out for the first decent long ride for a while, stopping at Henley On Thames for a sandwich by the river. Lots of bikes and some nice cars (I saw a McLaren and a Lamborghini in Henley) Blade performed faultlessly as usual!

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
A bit less of you and more of the bike, thanks!!:D

I was out early yesterday. Becoming a battle to beat all the insects.

Was passed by a group of idiots, crossing double lines and overtaking into blind corners. I'm no fresh-faced law-abiding citizen, but there are limits. Sometimes it's easy to see why motorcyclists' reputations are so easily tarnished.:(

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
this is why i'm going out in the instead!! One of the old favourites, the A272, Winchester to Petersfield, is always policed when the sun comes out so although it might be safe to be getting a wiggle-on you're in constant fear of loosing your licence if you're caught, not that I would go over 60 mph, but some do of course.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
I’ve been meaning to sort out the storage compartment for a while now, the lock has jammed a couple of times and I’m pretty sure it just needs lifting so I raised the lock unit up slightly with some washers and fingers crossed it seems to have worked.

As the compartment can now be used, I decided to sort out the tool kit, the previous owner included a brand new tool bag and A mixture of original and brand new replacement Honda tools (it was almost a shame to open the bags!) but they were all in a cardboard box. I managed to find a diagram of what should be included.

FE1988DF-A6E3-47F4-9586-C3EFB8FD2CA9.jpeg

I laid them all out in the same order and everything was present and correct.

After cleaning out the tray, I attached a plastic permit holder and put in the service information/reminder and tyre pressures (I’ve been doing this for years) I also put in my really handy folding Givi bag, this holds a helmet and is also really useful for taking impulse purchases home if I’m not wearing a rucksack.

Next job is a service, I’ve already got some Honda oil filters so today I’ve ordered some oil and a NOS genuine Honda air filter.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Did a 100-mile round trip to view a '96 Black and Yellow:

Turned out that it was a dog that I'd looked at 12 mths ago and had been 'refreshed'. Not bad superficially, but the discs had lips on the edges; axle spacers were rusty; needed a massive bolt/screw replacement, and other stuff. I think the front forks were shot too. Too much money for an 'average' bike.

821 - 840 of 851 Posts