Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

881 - 900 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Turns out I was worried about additional costs converting to a 98-99 tail. The tail light bracket is broken as well as the center panel. The side covers are in bad shape too and it turns out getting a 98-99 tail fairing set and light is cheaper than the 97 center panel and light case.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I got up and out and had the first longer early morning ride for a while, I met some friends in Stratford Upon Avon for a coffee, great roads and lovely scenery. just under 100 miles.

Stopped in Moreton in Marsh on the way back for a quick photo opportunity!

I used my newly installed TomTom but it was mounted too low, so when I got home I raised the Ram ball to the top of the fairing support.

I angled it in slightly as this gives the best position in line with the mirrors

They are fricking ugly (but useful), luckily it all dismantles in seconds and stores under the seat.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Now boys, play nicely.

That route looks full of bends. Looks like a nice ride. Far to few of the roads here are twisty. All the old farm country roads are straight as an arrow.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Now boys, play nicely.

That route looks full of bends. Looks like a nice ride. Far to few of the roads here are twisty. All the old farm country roads are straight as an arrow.
The roads out from West Oxfordshire towards Warwickshire IMO are some of the best riding roads in the UK, not too busy, fast, well surfaced and stunning scenery.

·
Registered
510 Posts
So I ordered the replacement 98-99 tail fairings and light. Does the 99 need a different pillion seat? I've checked the party numbers and for the frame and brackets, they're the same, everything else is different but they could mount the same.
Also, I could only find led tail lights. I know I can change the relays for the blinkers, anything special for the running and brake lights?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I fiddled with the suspension set up on the 929 which I've known for a while wasn't set right and its a lot better now!

Took it out for a quick 20 mile blat, and although it is a bit harsh over the really bumpy stuff, however it's x10 better than it was and holds a much better line on corners, not so wallowie :) the wear edge on the rear tyre was like a sine wave but now its wearing nicely now.

Had a bit of a moment though - see the end of the video - it doesn't look much but had my heart racing!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It was very greasy out there today, the roundabouts were especially slippery, my bike was filthy when I got home.
been a nice day here, rained early like 7am but this was 3:30 this afternoon! Prob just crap on the road but took me by surprise, not Leathers-messing but made me jump, didn’t stop me overtaking the car though!! 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
80 Miles this morning, met some pals in Hungerford for a coffee, bacon sarnie and a catch up. It was very pleasant sitting in the sun, gassing with good friends and watching the world go by.

Weather started warm, and on the way home rode to high 20's so a very hot ride home, but some of my favourite roads and they weren't busy.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
You could have tried a bit harder with that silencer/pipe. Or maybe you didn't have the right polish. Nip round to your local HD dealer, they have it by the gallon (US gallon of course)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd have a post to update here but I'm waiting for this package to arrive. Hopefully the post office decides to get off their ass and finally deliver it since it's been sitting there for 5+ days.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why people think this should remain funded or be allowed to handle all ballots.

881 - 900 of 950 Posts