Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
961 - 980 of 998 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I am currently waiting for a special order part to arrive from England.
My upper radiator hose (Hose 'C', 19504ms2000) is a two-sized hose, 5cm in length.
It is also NLA everywhere I've looked! So, now I am waiting on a silicon hose.....
From England to Germany should only take three weeks! (Thanks, BREXIT!)
Lucky me, this part is back ordered until end of May! So, I found a supplier here in Germany, and ordered my part.
Well, it showed up two days later, only for me to discover that I had measured two different parts!
So, I get back online, to the same supplier, and order the correct part. Well, it showed up yesterday, so I was able to put my cooling system back together.
Reassemble the fairings today, and I should be ready to ride for the weekend!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
so now you've got a part that requires a hose but doesn't have one? where does that part connect to?

So, I needed part #21, but part #21 has been NLA for several years now.
Where I fucked up, I measured the bottom of #16 (thermostat housing), and the top of the RADIATOR! 🤦‍♂️
They are two different sizes!
I now have the correct hose and the system is assembled and tested.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
well glad you got that sorted even though you waited far longer than you wanted for something you didn't even need.
???
My bike has been down for two weeks. The original part I ordered was back ordered until May. That means that's when they expected to receive it from their suppliers.
I found a different supplier, and proceeded to order an incorrectly measured part.
That part arrived last week, whereby I discovered my error.
Proceeded then to order the correct part. I have since received said correct part, installed it, and proofed the cooling system.

ffs! That turned out WAY more complicated then it should have been! Am I not communicating effectively? I don't use English so much anymore since I moved to Germany, but sakes alive, I've not had so much confusion before.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
May was when the first part was due to arrive at the suppliers.
It is currently middle of April.......
Would you like to glance at a calender if this is still confusing?

·
Registered
523 Posts
i'm not confused, i understand months. if i went 2 weeks, or 1 week, or a weekend with the bike down, it'd be longer than i want.

i guess, fine. too bad your bike wasn't down for the whole year. that better?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I'm not a daily rider (at the moment) and weather was crappy at the time, here in Germany....
It was down two weeks longer than planned, but I still had another week and a half before I could ride again, so......

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I changed the nose fairing and front wheel bearings yesterday!

Old and new.

Front removed.

Finished transferring everything over to the new fairing.

I just got so sick of repairing the fairing every time I had to take something off.

I saw the new part listed on my supplier website. I've been waiting for 5 years to get my hands on one!

Some points were barely able to be called holes.

But, it looks like a 30 year old part can't be perfect.

ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

So, again, I had to bust out the Super Glue and Baking Soda!

Get both sides, make it strong!

A little sanding, and I'm now waiting for some touch up paint.

Finished and mounted!

Looks so shiney!

And such a TIGHT fit!

This was the axle housing. I've never seen rustcicles! I've since sanded the outside, primed and painted it.

Reactions: ropp

·
Registered
207 Posts
Good work .We are going to get to the stage when these old fairings are not available, even for my 929 I collect medium to to good so I have replacements.:(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Regarding my 954rr,
After installing my new stealth mirrors, I've stared deeply into my ebay shopping cart with wanting eyes. Wanting, but sad eyes.

I know I should probably wait until after the move and after I know for sure my fairings from China and carbon frame/swingarm covers from Russia arrive first before I go adding a vortex gas cap, new rotors/pads and windscreen. Unless y'all want to help a starving child in need :p

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Regarding my 954rr,
After installing my new stealth mirrors, I've stared deeply into my ebay shopping cart with wanting eyes. Wanting, but sad eyes.

I know I should probably wait until after the move and after I know for sure my fairings from China and carbon frame/swingarm covers from Russia arrive first before I go adding a vortex gas cap, new rotors/pads and windscreen. Unless y'all want to help a starving child in need :p
Can you post a pic of the stealth mirrors? Considering a set for my 954...

961 - 980 of 998 Posts