Discussion Starter #1
Bike: 02 CBR954RR

Installed:
-Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light
-Motrax Flash it Turn Signal Equalizer
-Spiegler SS Brake Lines. Front and Back
-Double Bubble Wind Screen
-PC3 USB
-and everything worked the first time. I know......surpised me too!

I know there are multiple threads regarding the install of these items but if anyone has any questions that weren't answered during your searches, post em up because it's still fresh in my mind.

Oh ya. I also installed a big fat smile on my face during the test ride! :smilebig:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added some stomp grips. I couldn't find any pictures of bikes with the search option that had these installed. Maybe I just missed them because they do kind of blend in but if anyone is looking for a pic with the stomp grips then here ya go.....

Stomp Grips pictures by flipsidenv - Photobucket

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I didn't realize how much of an eye sore it was until it was gone. It left some scratches on the stickers too. Those stomp grips work great. With the bra I would struggle to not slide back in the seat under full throttle. Not anymore!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the Proton Blinkers on today. Went on easy, kind of. I read in a couple threads about them not exactly fitting and people shaving the blinker holes on their bikes. Well I ran into the same problem. Instead of shaving the bike (don't want to cut her up) I just took the dremel and one of the small metal sander bits and shaved off some of the blinker until they fit perfect. Worked like a charm.

I almost wish I got the smoke ones but these still look way better than the factory blinkers. I didn't have to mess with diodes, resisters, splicing, yada yada yada. Just soldered the wires per instructions and in no time had running lights and some attention getting strobe blinkers. The video doesn't do the strobe blinkers justice. They're a nice even bright strobe. Video recorder on the camera has issues. Here's some pics.....

In the video I noticed a little whining noise that I hadn't heard (or never paid attention to) before. Sound familiar to anyone?

Proton Blinkers pictures by flipsidenv - Photobucket

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the Proton Blinkers on today. Went on easy, kind of. I read in a couple threads about them not exactly fitting and people shaving the blinker holes on their bikes. Well I ran into the same problem. Instead of shaving the bike (don't want to cut her up) I just took the dremel and one of the small metal sander bits and shaved off some of the blinker until they fit perfect. Worked like a charm.

I almost wish I got the smoke ones but these still look way better than the factory blinkers. I didn't have to mess with diodes, resisters, splicing, yada yada yada. Just soldered the wires per instructions and in no time had running lights and some attention getting strobe blinkers. The video doesn't do the strobe blinkers justice. They're a nice even bright strobe. Video recorder on the camera has issues. Here's some pics.....

In the video I noticed a little whining noise that I hadn't heard (or never paid attention to) before. Sound familiar to anyone?

Proton Blinkers pictures by flipsidenv - Photobucket
Nice blinkers. How do they look from the front? I know a few people out here who have gotten tickets because you couldn't see the flushmounts from the front well enough. I want to change mine but not have to change them back later.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll take it out in a couple days (weathers crappy, 40 mph gusts) and tail someone I know to see what they say. I'll post back unless someone else has first hand experience and chimes in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll take it out in a couple days (weathers crappy, 40 mph gusts) and tail someone I know to see what they say. I'll post back unless someone else has first hand experience and chimes in.
Thanks for the pics.
Those look nice:thumb:. Still some of the cops around here have a low tolerance for flushmounts. I'm going to wait and look around at options for blinkers.

I was looking at the Watsen flushmounts. Anyone have any experience with those?

·
Registered
147 Posts
was the PC worth it? was it a custom map or download? I've been thinking about one for quite some time, but can't quite decide if it's worth it. my throttle already seems quite smooth to me, that seems to be one of the biggest advantages to those things. nice ride, stay safe.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was worth it to me. It smoothed out the pull at >2700rpm. It feels like it's got all the power I could possibly need. Maybe not want but need. :evilaugh: It did make it kind of sluggish at <2700rpm but that only comes into effect when starting in 1st gear. So not a big deal. I used one of the maps off Dynojet's sight. I would like to eventually get a custom map but in the mean time I'm very happy with the feel. I did try and tweak it a little with some success. I got rid of the strong exhaust smell. Still a little smell but much better. Pulling out of the corners has definitely improved. Maybe it's in my head but isn't the majority of riding in your head? All in all worth every penny to me! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts