Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, atleast posting anyway. I just bought a 1997 900rr, sweet bike by the way. Anyway the guy I bought it from said it had a 1030 kit in it. He said it has more power than the standard 900rr. I have been searching, but I guess I don't know what I am looking for because I can't find any info on kits for this bike. Can someone explain what he did to the motor. He said he didn't bore it but just added a kit to it

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I am new to the forum, atleast posting anyway. I just bought a 1997 900rr, sweet bike by the way. Anyway the guy I bought it from said it had a 1030 kit in it. He said it has more power than the standard 900rr. I have been searching, but I guess I don't know what I am looking for because I can't find any info on kits for this bike. Can someone explain what he did to the motor. He said he didn't bore it but just added a kit to it

Boring it 2mm oversize only takes it to 970cc - and that's with resleeving.
My guess is he lied.
Did he have any kind of receipts to prove he did anything at all to it?
You can't "just add a kit to it" to increase the capacity. You need to either bore the cylinders or stroke the crank, or both. Both require a complete engine build.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts