Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you notice that anytime a professional roadracer gets banged up, the only doctor they turn to is Dr. Art Ting in California?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Yeap. He's good, and he knows how riders want to be treated. He knows that riders need to get back on the bike, so he helps them get back to riding ASAP, most doctors aren't like that. He's also built a reputation so riders trust him.

I've had friends goto him, and if/when I break myself next time so will I.

·
Registered
925 Posts
luvtolean : Yeap.  He's good, and he knows how riders want to be treated.  He knows that riders need to get back on the bike, so he helps them get back to riding ASAP, most doctors aren't like that.  He's also built a reputation so riders trust him.  

I've had friends goto him, and if/when I break myself next time so will I.
Me too---he's local and approved by my PPO

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Well, I learned the hard way about Dr. Ting. I have had an ACL redo on a knee and it's just never really been fixed. I tore it up pretty good running last week, so I went to Ting yesterday. It took him all of 30 secs of looking at my x-rays to tell me what was wrong, and yes, how he will fix it under the knife. I've had 3 different surgeons examine the knee, and they all made it hurt when doing it. Ting did it without putting me in pain, the guy knows how joints work.

I can't believe how simple the problem was (misalignment of the tendon graft by the first doc) and that I've dealt with it for many years.

Dr. Ting said I'll leave the hospital that day, walk without a limp in 3 weeks, and be back to full impact in 3 mos. I spent 3 days in the hospital last time! And still had issues at 6 mos, and never have been able to do anything full impact!

I'm getting surgery in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
929 Posts
luvtolean : I'm getting surgery in a couple of weeks.
Cool! He sounds like he knows his Those docs are hard to find. It seems a lot of them just their way through a career in medicine.

Good luck with your operation LTL and heal quickly.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I had an ACL reconstruction in Dec 94. When I took up jogging three years ago I began to have pain going up and down stairs all the time. I coulnd't get rid of it. I am now rehabing to hopefully fix it. It is tendonitis that is a side effect of grafting from the patellar tendon. I wish Dr. ting lived around here. I would definatly go to him, although he would probably be bored by my case.

Good luck w/ the knee ltl. To young to be crippled. That's how I look at it anyway.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Thanks Kookie.  He without a doubt, knows his $hit.

He's not part of my PPO so it's costing me real money(I pay 30%), but I couldn't care less.  I'd pay his full fee if I had to.

HD, yeah, I quit snowboarding, and take it very easy on dirtbikes because of it.  I can't wait to do these things again.  

This latest problem was from running across a street, I don't run for fitness(although I used to do races), because of the knee.  I ride my mt bike to stay fit.  My first recon was in 98.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really sucks not being able to run or walk completely normally. My heel is pretty good now (reconstructed in 2001) but it's never going to be quite right, especially on uneven ground. It doesn't have the full lateral 'rocking' motion that it should. Any improvement in your knee is probably going to be well worth the $$$ even if you have to swallow the cost yourself.

Keep us updated on your surgery. Hope it goes well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts