Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wore an HJC CL-SP for 4 hours on Sat and 5 hours on Sun, and I barely made it through because the pain was so intense. The helmet was the right size, as I verified Sat night several times, but it is the wrong shape for my head. I obviously did not learn about head shape until too late.

I am trying to figure out what my Arai head shape is before I try on helmet models. I am doing this because 1) I will have to sit in the dealership with the helmet on for about 20 minutes until I know if the helmet will cause me pain, and 2) once the pain in my head starts I don't know if I'll be able to identify the right shaped helmet after that.

I had my wife measure my head. Front-to-back, it is 22.5 cm. Width is 18 cm. I drew a graph of a 22.5 x 18 cm oval to see what it looks like.

Yes, my head is humongous.

Thanks and cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally found a retailer in my area that stocked an Arai Vector in 2XL (my wife claims I'm quadruple XL for some reason). They were the only ones in a 65 mile radius from my ZIP code.

It fits and feels great. I wore it for 20+ minutes in the store. No sign of pain in all that time. Pure comfort.

So it turns out I'm an "intermediate oval" (wife chimes in with "egg head"). Case closed.

Hopefully, if someone else is having problems with their helmet shape, then this post will help out a bit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes, sorry nobody helped you.. Thanks for posting the result.
I have an Arai but it's old enough for retirement, and time for a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts